Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   MAS for Mid Career Professionals (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/2119-monetary-authority-singapore-mid-career-professionals.html)

Unregistered 23-11-2023 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260956)
How is the HR department and the new department heads? Don’t know what is her value?

You mean the current HR Boss? She is a really, really nice person. Probably one of the NICEST person in MAS. I will definitely want to work for her!

Unregistered 23-11-2023 07:32 PM

Haha.
Ownself marks Ownself. Tells us a lot about the person or organisation.

Unregistered 24-11-2023 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 261240)
Haha.
Ownself marks Ownself. Tells us a lot about the person or organisation.

What do you mean by "ownself mark ownself"?

Unregistered 24-11-2023 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 261233)
You mean the current HR Boss? She is a really, really nice person. Probably one of the NICEST person in MAS. I will definitely want to work for her!

Nice try HR Boss

Unregistered 29-11-2023 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 261372)
Nice try HR Boss

It not nice try. Its a genuine ans from people who know her :). I think your original trappy question to influence others to think she is bad is seriously the "Nice Try".

Unregistered 29-11-2023 09:59 PM

Mas

Does MAS support professional certifications like ICA Diploma?
What is the salary range now for AD?

Unregistered 30-11-2023 10:26 AM

Is micro managing a norm here? Find myself being micro managed by bosses all the time until im starting to doubt if my work is really so jialat. But then, they seem to micro manage everything from email drafting to internal notes to even admin matters.

Was from pte sector previously. 3 years in mas and i am still not used to the way bosses always want to have a say in everything u do.

Unregistered 30-11-2023 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 261904)
Is micro managing a norm here? Find myself being micro managed by bosses all the time until im starting to doubt if my work is really so jialat. But then, they seem to micro manage everything from email drafting to internal notes to even admin matters.

Was from pte sector previously. 3 years in mas and i am still not used to the way bosses always want to have a say in everything u do.

Yes, i wont call it micro managing, more like attention todetail, 0 risk tolerance, perfectionist put together.
This is government board for u, its not about pnl, it's more about not getting it wrong. And mas suppose to be a cooperative place, so u have to let everyone in the know before something moves, so as not to blindside anyone and make the other person lose face.

Many people i know who come from private struggle w the bureacracy and constant nitty gritty, because private is either u make $ or sink... Where got time for all of this pattern...

Unregistered 02-12-2023 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 261904)

Was also from pte sector previously. Would say its highly department specific and even TL-specific. I had one TL who was super ngiao about trivial things but the next one that came along was way more risk-based and did not waste time on unnecessary things.

Unregistered 03-12-2023 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 262127)
Was also from pte sector previously. Would say its highly department specific and even TL-specific. I had one TL who was super ngiao about trivial things but the next one that came along was way more risk-based and did not waste time on unnecessary things.

Is your second TL from private sector as well?