Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   SLA (Singapore Land Authority) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/2099-sla-singapore-land-authority.html)

Unregistered 26-07-2012 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poor and stupid (Post 27052)
Seriously dude, its impossible to answer. How i know what you like or dun like. I sit here and spam forums whole day while getting $$ some people like, other may hate it. Most important is just follow the wind. If you social phobic then get a job which you have friends working in the same department, or better yet, share desk lol

who is paying you to spam forums, may i ask?

icy water 27-07-2012 02:14 AM

in general, i heard the public service working culture is okay. confirm less politics than private sector. not everyone will go back at 530 or 6pm though.

I went for interview at SLA 2 weeks ago. HR commented that they are in need of people. They just reposted their vacancies again on careers@gov. Anyway, the interview will be an essay question done on a windows 98/95 laptop (what the heck...) followed by interview with 7 deputy directors or head of dept. Be prepared to consider the different vacancies available besides the one you applied for. I got rejected though... haha.

Unregistered 27-07-2012 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icy water (Post 27074)
confirm less politics than private sector.

this statement is just so wrong. and you confirm this based on what?

seems like from your other thread you are either a fresh grad or someone who has only worked at a very junior level...

Unregistered 27-07-2012 12:00 PM

in some public sector organizations, the politics can be quite bad because the people are simply too free.

in private sector, people are busy meeting deadlines and only play the blame game when things go wrong, otherwise they may even collaborate to reach win-win objectives.

Unregistered 27-07-2012 12:50 PM

Quote:

in general, i heard the public service working culture is okay. confirm less politics than private sector. not everyone will go back at 530 or 6pm though.

I went for interview at SLA 2 weeks ago. HR commented that they are in need of people. They just reposted their vacancies again on careers@gov. Anyway, the interview will be an essay question done on a windows 98/95 laptop (what the heck...) followed by interview with 7 deputy directors or head of dept. Be prepared to consider the different vacancies available besides the one you applied for. I got rejected though... haha.

finally got ppl answer to the question liao. Seems like it's not easy to get in despite them in need of ppl and can still be choosy at the same time. Anw jiayou in your jobsearch!

The rest who only know how to kpkb, wait till you all need ppls's advice and others kpkb back. Then u all know what's karma!

Unregistered 27-07-2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

what essay question they ask? can reveal the question so that we can prepare in advance?

Unregistered 27-07-2012 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 27089)
finally got ppl answer to the question liao. Seems like it's not easy to get in despite them in need of ppl and can still be choosy at the same time. Anw jiayou in your jobsearch!

The rest who only know how to kpkb, wait till you all need ppls's advice and others kpkb back. Then u all know what's karma!

yea u got an answer from someone who make some generic statement base on hearsay, as useless as kbkb post

Unregistered 27-07-2012 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 27093)
yea u got an answer from someone who make some generic statement base on hearsay, as useless as kbkb post

in case u missed out, he/she did mention that he/she went for an interview at SLA 2 weeks ago.

Unregistered 27-07-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 27093)

seems like u not only kpkb, angmo also not very the powderful wor

Unregistered 27-07-2012 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 27106)
in case u missed out, he/she did mention that he/she went for an interview at SLA 2 weeks ago.

in case u missed out, all he said abt SLA was they needed people.

the rest is a generic statement about public sector culture is OK, less politics, not everyone can go back on time