Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   SLA (Singapore Land Authority) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/2099-sla-singapore-land-authority.html)

datou 25-07-2012 11:15 AM

SLA (Singapore Land Authority)
 
Anyone knows how is it working in SLA? The work culture and staff there and the career progression?

thanks!

lmaohaha 25-07-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by datou (Post 26999)
Anyone knows how is it working in SLA? The work culture and staff there and the career progression?

thanks!

realised you keep asking the same qns lol.y not u apply first, get an interview and ask the hr personnel there. they will prob give u a better and more credible ans

Unregistered 25-07-2012 02:02 PM

job culture depend on boss, not which stat board

why dont you try to at least get an offer first before keep repeating same question for different gov departnemnt?

you make it sound like ur some hot potato that is spoilt for choice cauz the whole public sector is trying to hire you

Unregistered 25-07-2012 06:39 PM

fwah he ask question only also tio flamed. Afterall who doesn't want a good job? Ask yourselves why you all visit this forum? To ask questions and know more right? People also want to see if anybody works/has worked there so can try to understand better ma.

lmaohaha 26-07-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 27016)
fwah he ask question only also tio flamed. Afterall who doesn't want a good job? Ask yourselves why you all visit this forum? To ask questions and know more right? People also want to see if anybody works/has worked there so can try to understand better ma.

nope im not flaming him.but in the context of a forum where it is a free-for-all discussion, i feel its wiser to ask the hr during an interview.any 10 year old kid could have posted a comment here. do u want ur perception of a career's prospect to be skewed by someone like that?

Unregistered 26-07-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmaohaha (Post 27039)
nope im not flaming him.but in the context of a forum where it is a free-for-all discussion, i feel its wiser to ask the hr during an interview.any 10 year old kid could have posted a comment here. do u want ur perception of a career's prospect to be skewed by someone like that?

bad advice.

at least in a forum there is mix of good & bad post. asking HR is guaranteed poor answer, there is conflict of interest as they are representing the org. to "sell" the job.

that is like asking a salesman is the product he is selling good. what you expect hr to say, that yea the culture sux and ur boss is difficult to work with and btw please sign the offer letter?

Unregistered 26-07-2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 27041)
bad advice.

at least in a forum there is mix of good & bad post. asking HR is guaranteed poor answer, there is conflict of interest as they are representing the org. to "sell" the job.

that is like asking a salesman is the product he is selling good. what you expect hr to say, that yea the culture sux and ur boss is difficult to work with and btw please sign the offer letter?

quote for truth. In a forum ppl give their personal opinions. HR will definitely lose their job if they tell u their honest answer - Dun join my company, it's horrible!

Unregistered 26-07-2012 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmaohaha (Post 27039)
nope im not flaming him.but in the context of a forum where it is a free-for-all discussion, i feel its wiser to ask the hr during an interview.any 10 year old kid could have posted a comment here. do u want ur perception of a career's prospect to be skewed by someone like that?

Ask the HR, no way. They will not tell us the salary/package/benefit unless they offer you the job....

lmaohaha 26-07-2012 02:27 PM

anyway my honest ans to ts qn, work culture and staff = subjective, varies from department to department, nth to do wif organisation, staff= heng suay, u meet one colleague whos out to make life difficult for u or a boss who not happy wif u from day one, all work performance gets thrown out of the window. career progression= scholar grooming place, as it is for most stat boards. so i suggest ts might wanna look more into other tangible factors like passion, interest, personality fit to job etc.

poor and stupid 26-07-2012 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by datou (Post 26999)
Anyone knows how is it working in SLA? The work culture and staff there and the career progression?

thanks!

Seriously dude, its impossible to answer. How i know what you like or dun like. I sit here and spam forums whole day while getting $$ some people like, other may hate it. Most important is just follow the wind. If you social phobic then get a job which you have friends working in the same department, or better yet, share desk lol


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2