Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   SLA (Singapore Land Authority) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/2099-sla-singapore-land-authority.html)

Unregistered 27-07-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 27112)
in case u missed out, all he said abt SLA was they needed people.

the rest is a generic statement about public sector culture is OK, less politics, not everyone can go back on time

in case u missed out again, re-read that part where he/she said that she used a laptop and the part where he/she was interviewed by 7 deputy directors or HODs. You call these hearsay I call them the real deal.

icy water 27-07-2012 11:38 PM

Just to clarify, I am a fresh grad who REALLY went for interview at SLA.

As for the comment about politics, i heard it from friends who are already working in the civil/public sector. They come from HDB, IRAS, MOH, NEA, LTA to name a few. They have been working for at least 1-3 years. If you still don't believe then there's nothing I can do. :)

Unregistered 27-07-2012 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 27115)
in case u missed out again, re-read that part where he/she said that she used a laptop and the part where he/she was interviewed by 7 deputy directors or HODs. You call these hearsay I call them the real deal.

in case u missed out again, the thread question is about work culture, staff & career progression. what has laptop and getting interviewed by 7 ppl got to do with this? its just standard panel interview procedure that apply to most civil service / stat board

icy water 27-07-2012 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 27092)
what essay question they ask? can reveal the question so that we can prepare in advance?

its a generic question like why you would prefer a particular position over others. Might want to look at their organisation chart for the different departments in SLA. some agencies would have that too to test your ability to write if the position requires. They SHOULD have other questions too so just take this for reference and not only just prepare for this.

Unregistered 27-07-2012 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icy water (Post 27130)
Just to clarify, I am a fresh grad who REALLY went for interview at SLA.

As for the comment about politics, i heard it from friends who are already working in the civil/public sector. They come from HDB, IRAS, MOH, NEA, LTA to name a few. They have been working for at least 1-3 years. If you still don't believe then there's nothing I can do. :)

even if i give u benefit of doubt, 2 problem with your friends exp:

1) they are all very junior in position, only minority are able to figure out the politics that early. most will blur blur for quite some time & make a few mistakes here & there b4 figuring out whats going on

2) since they all just left school not long, they are likely to be only in 1st job within public sector, w/o exp in pte sector to compare on what basis do they say politics is lesser? and on what basis then do you from these relatively inexp comments confirm that politics is lesser?

like someone earlier mention, politics in some stat boards can be even harsher & more complicated then pte sector.

icy water 29-07-2012 03:35 AM

well, i agree that my friends may not be experienced enough but it certainly wasnt the first job for some of them.

good that someone pointed out it may be harsher in certain stat boards. i am learning more from friends and forums too. perhaps it might be better to find out more from the civil service thread.

for those posting useless comments, you may have lots of experience but that was certainly childish. :p

Unregistered 25-08-2012 08:55 PM

Hi Icy water , may i know what's the essay question that they set ?

icy water 26-08-2012 01:14 AM

refer to post #24

anyway the question given to me was something like this:
SLA has various departments such as business operations, planning and policy, finance and so on and so forth... Rank in order of your preference and explain your ranking. (500 words)

Hope it helps. As I mentioned earlier, they may have other questions so don't take it as standard question. May helps others in future if you can kindly post the question they gave you after your interview.

Also, remember that first round is a panel interview (around 7 people excluding HR). So do consider other positions as they have quite a few number of vacancies.

Unregistered 31-12-2014 01:58 PM

How much do they pay for fresh grad holding 2nd lower hons?

Unregistered 13-11-2015 11:50 PM

Bump

How much do they pay for fresh grad holding 2nd lower hons?