Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   NCS (SingTel subsidiary) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/1198-national-computer-systems-singtel-subsidiary.html)

Unregistered 07-09-2012 08:19 PM

Thanks greatly!

You sure know alot, do you work in ncs?

Is there an application form to be filled at the recep or he just need to bring a copy of resume will do?

How is the dressing mode like in NCS? Casual? Jeans allow?

Is a 5 days week right? What is the official working hours? (9-5)?

Thanks thanks!

Unregistered 07-09-2012 08:21 PM

Thanks greatly!

Is there an application form to be filled at the recep or he just need to bring a copy of resume will do?

What is basic sme benefits?

Thanks thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by krailo (Post 28015)
1 - 2

no

no

basic SME level benefits for mgr & below

for mgr & below 1.5 - 2x

for mgr & below 3% - 4%

Unregistered 08-09-2012 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 28026)
Thanks greatly!

What is basic sme benefits?

Thanks thanks!

Why dun u just ask the hr when ur there? Mgr in NCS is equal to a snr exec in Singtel, I'm sure they will just answer you honestly since no confidentiality for lower level position

Unregistered 10-09-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 28055)
Why dun u just ask the hr when ur there? Mgr in NCS is equal to a snr exec in Singtel, I'm sure they will just answer you honestly since no confidentiality for lower level position

NCS is worst than working in a small local firm. Some managers there love to outsource. It seems that it is easy to outsource than to use it's own worker. If you are someone technically, stay away from NCS. Your technical skill will be drained off to some small outsource companies.

Unregistered 10-09-2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 28083)
NCS is worst than working in a small local firm. Some managers there love to outsource. It seems that it is easy to outsource than to use it's own worker. If you are someone technically, stay away from NCS. Your technical skill will be drained off to some small outsource companies.

Just to add on. If you joining as a manager. Pls be aware that it is very political to work there. Some old timer managers can play tai chi with you all year long. NCS mainly do Gov jobs. No commercial value here.

Unregistered 10-09-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 28084)
Just to add on. If you joining as a manager. Pls be aware that it is very political to work there. Some old timer managers can play tai chi with you all year long. NCS mainly do Gov jobs. No commercial value here.

Join Singtel better. At least Singtel got commercial value.

Unregistered 10-09-2012 03:01 PM

Beware of NCS titles. Because of high turnover esp from the younger staff, they anyhow give out manager titles now.

Last I heard even E5-6 / M1 are known as managers now!

Unregistered 10-09-2012 06:32 PM

Lord yetifer

Thanks thanks! I'll keep him informed. He has 10 years eng experience and just relocated back in May.

Doesn't sound good to work there...... just found out a poly mate's cousin used to work there for a short while after grad, he said **** **** **** work. LONG LONG LONG LONG hours.. but that was many years ago. Seems like, nothing has changed for these many years?

You still work there?

Unregistered 11-09-2012 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 28108)
Thanks thanks! I'll keep him informed. He has 10 years eng experience and just relocated back in May.

Doesn't sound good to work there...... just found out a poly mate's cousin used to work there for a short while after grad, he said **** **** **** work. LONG LONG LONG LONG hours.. but that was many years ago. Seems like, nothing has changed for these many years?

You still work there?

I left once they merge by Singtel. No career prospects at all, at most you get to be some sort of project director which is like some junior manager in Singtel in terms of pay & benefits

Unregistered 04-10-2012 03:22 PM

contract job

Hi, may I know does contract job secure in NCS? Agent told me is highly renewable. And what's the chance to convert to permanent?