Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   NCS (SingTel subsidiary) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/1198-national-computer-systems-singtel-subsidiary.html)

Unregistered 08-12-2015 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 76591)
Kanna called for interview last week.
Mainly I only wish to linger for 1-2 yrs before jump.
Not planning to climb.
Pay is good.

Is this still a good idea?

Don't be a fool. Somebody grad 2 years ago and started at 2.8k, now 3.4k.

If he had joined Big 4, after 2 years he would be getting 4.1k which is about 20% higher than his current pay.

You are better off joining a Big 4 for 2 years before jumping. NCS is even lower down the **** ladder than Big 4.

Unregistered 09-12-2015 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 76591)
Kanna called for interview last week.
Mainly I only wish to linger for 1-2 yrs before jump.
Not planning to climb.
Pay is good.

Is this still a good idea?

TLDR: Nope

depends on what you want to get within that 1-2 years
- experience (unlikely you will get good exposure and 1-2 years in SI is nothing)
- good resume filler (nope)
- girls (if you are interested in aunties, go ahead)
- networking (unlikely you will find good connections or references)
- enjoy life (not for low level employees)
- money (HAHAHA!!!)

Unregistered 10-12-2015 09:30 AM

Damn demoralised after seeing the Accenture thread. Looks like my friend who graduated 2 yrs ago with me with me is already earning 6k plus while I'm still on contract earning 3+

Unregistered 10-12-2015 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 76692)
Damn demoralised after seeing the Accenture thread. Looks like my friend who graduated 2 yrs ago with me with me is already earning 6k plus while I'm still on contract earning 3+

Gap will only become even bigger after few moreyears, maybe 3-4x what NCS is paying, but then tbh also cannot compare these 2 companies - one is global MNC consulting the other just a local outsourcer doing gov work.

Unregistered 11-12-2015 01:20 AM

Quote:

NCS is the greatest con job ever for fresh grad. Their glassdoor reviews are sickeningly good. Pui!

Unregistered 11-12-2015 11:13 AM

What is the difference in pay for a manager for Accenture and NCS? Eg if Accenture Manager can pay ~15k will the same position in NCS be at say ~12k-13k?

Unregistered 13-12-2015 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 76733)
What is the difference in pay for a manager for Accenture and NCS? Eg if Accenture Manager can pay ~15k will the same position in NCS be at say ~12k-13k?

1. if they want to hire anyone at that level, I assume NCS should have some decency to match - or pretend to match using classic tactic of 'we offer bonus and ****'

2. if the matching salary is outside the title, they will just upgrade your title. 12-13 should be Associate Director level already. But again what is a manager?

Trivia: if you have at least a bachelor degree from local university and joined singtel, your first title is 'Manager'. LOL. I think it will be similar to some statboard like EDB and such.

Unregistered 13-12-2015 02:51 AM

Quote:

There's no reason to be demoralised. There is a reason why he is in accenture while you're at NCS.

Unregistered 13-12-2015 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 76797)
1. if they want to hire anyone at that level, I assume NCS should have some decency to match - or pretend to match using classic tactic of 'we offer bonus and ****'

2. if the matching salary is outside the title, they will just upgrade your title. 12-13 should be Associate Director level already. But again what is a manager?

Trivia: if you have at least a bachelor degree from local university and joined singtel, your first title is 'Manager'. LOL. I think it will be similar to some statboard like EDB and such.

associate directors are 8-9k tops in ncs, 12-13k is a middle level director position. anyway like u say, the titles in ncs are a joke and mostly just anyhow upgrade to keep those dumb enough to believe it. i was a senior manager for project mgt there and getting only 6.2k, less than a analyst in any mnc. what a joke.

Unregistered 16-12-2015 03:00 AM

+1 for worst possible placement for fresh grad