Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   NCS (SingTel subsidiary) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/1198-national-computer-systems-singtel-subsidiary.html)

Unregistered 09-08-2022 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 227507)
i thought ncs wont reject anyone :(((

Serious question, do ppl get rejected if they have somewhat CS related mods?

If it's so easy to get in, why is their boot camp so small?

Unregistered 09-08-2022 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 227801)

Company reputation not that good, so lesser people apply. And boot camp so small? I don't think having multiple bootcamps for purely SWE nucleus with cumulative 100++ attendees per year considered small? If you apply and still get rejected by NCS... Then can consider applying for jobs in other industry already.

Unregistered 09-08-2022 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 227801)

What if..... Those that applied for NCS also applied for other jobs, and "they" end up picking other companies over NCS after comparing various offers.

The nucleus programme might be good for the software track BECAUSE their HR is willing to negotiate the base offer (4.8k) to 5.5k (someone did it).

But I can't say the same for other tracks, especially Cyber, where that particular HR won't budge even if you are the local U first class with all the credible certificates (OSCP, CISSP etc).

Unregistered 12-08-2022 01:34 PM

Any one know what is job grade/salary range for senior server engineer and delivery manager?

Unregistered 12-08-2022 01:46 PM

Who has friend/colleagues working for ncs but station at dsta as sever engineer?

Unregistered 18-08-2022 07:16 PM

Have any of you heard of infrastructure bootcamps? How does the work go?

Unregistered 29-08-2022 10:13 AM

Truth about nucleus program ( Cyber)

For all who looks to join the Cyber nucleus program, I would strongly recommend against it.
Instead, go for regular job title instead because the nucleus concept is a scam.

1. No MASTERS
2. Certification “sponsored” (comptia - server+, network+, security+, Cloud+ SSCP, ITIL4 and CISSP are spread over 5 years) - so does non-nucleus title
3. You are paid lesser than those non-nucleus title.
4. Your progression Is the same as non-nucleus title
5. You are expected to work harder because you are “nucleus”
6. Getting thrown into projects on your second week is norm.

Last but not least, AVOID Access management practice because one of the RO himself doesn’t even have any certification in the product, not involved in any project and yet he is
the lead consultant of the team. NCS is a legit JIAK LAO BEE place and the toxic environment is slowly sucking all my positive energy day by day.

Unregistered 29-08-2022 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 229176)
For all who looks to join the Cyber nucleus program, I would strongly recommend against it.
Instead, go for regular job title instead because the nucleus concept is a scam.

1. No MASTERS
2. Certification “sponsored” (comptia - server+, network+, security+, Cloud+ SSCP, ITIL4 and CISSP are spread over 5 years) - so does non-nucleus title
3. You are paid lesser than those non-nucleus title.
4. Your progression Is the same as non-nucleus title
5. You are expected to work harder because you are “nucleus”
6. Getting thrown into projects on your second week is norm.

Last but not least, AVOID Access management practice because one of the RO himself doesn’t even have any certification in the product, not involved in any project and yet he is
the lead consultant of the team. NCS is a legit JIAK LAO BEE place and the toxic environment is slowly sucking all my positive energy day by day.

no master but sponsor u for industry certification is about same la, these certs cost a bomb

How you know you paid less than non-nucleus title? working experience all these the same or not?

the rest are the same, nothing unique to cyber

Unregistered 29-08-2022 01:09 PM

To the frog

Interesting.

How would you know if nucleus is paid more or on-par with non-nucleus ?
Those certs cost a bomb ? If non-nucleus are paid more $200 per year, do you think 2.4K per annual excluding bonus is not sufficient to pay for those certificates over 5 years?

Same treatment over all tracks not just cyber?

Hey I don’t know who you are, but either you are pro-NCS or you are just another dumb frog who thinks you know everything.

For info, nucleus software allow salary negotiation to 5.5k. I have another friend who joined as non-nucleus at 5.1K, and he is a fresh grad too.

Unregistered 29-08-2022 01:12 PM

To frog part 2

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 229185)
no master but sponsor u for industry certification is about same la, these certs cost a bomb

How you know you paid less than non-nucleus title? working experience all these the same or not?

the rest are the same, nothing unique to cyber

To add on, software nucleus ain’t throw into the respect teams immediately after joining. They are in fact isolated into their own nucleus team and will only join the project team upon completion of their boot camp.

Do not even comment if you don’t know anything, mr frog