Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2022, 06:54 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi all, need advice. I am a third year BT, entered service in 2020. Under the PGDE scheme so my bond period is 3 years. After some recent incidents, I have decided to leave the force once my bond period ends (2023). A few questions that I need guidance with.

1. Is there a way to check when exactly my bond period ends? I checked my Teacher Training Agreement (TTA) which was signed before commencement of NIE studies, and they do not provide any details. Should I email HR to ask? Will it set off any alarm bells in the school management?

2. The reason that I do not want SLs to approach me about it at this time is because I am due for promotion next cycle (P has already told me about this). I am afraid that once they know I'm leaving, promotion might not come. I would like to at least have a GEO3 and a higher salary reflected in my payslip for greater negotiating power in the search for my next career. Is this fear founded?

3. How many months' notice do I have to give? Is it realistic to project my last day of service to be end June 2023 (end of hols)? Or does HR not allow it as I am technically not "working" in June?

4. Any other advice for those who have done similar? Typically what would the resignation process be like?

Thanks everyone. Hope you have a great weekend and happy Mother's Day.
Congrats on deciding to leave. It’s very difficult to get the exact end date from HR, and takes a long time. But you should be able to calculate roughly when, then ask them nearer the date - AFTER your promotion is confirmed. Otherwise, there’s a high chance your promotion may not happen. Good luck.