Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 27-02-2018, 03:35 PM
Unregistered

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Putting aside the rather incredible story of how you're now general counsel of an MNC, you were signing off letters for your boss as a trainee? Pls tell me how that isn't a breach of section 33 of the LPA lmao
I am the original poster which you quoted. Well, it was definitely a breach, but as a trainee, what voice did I have? In my mind, all I wanted was to be retained as an associate by a law firm. I was a Yes man, for fear of losing my position as a trainee in the law firm. If I had reported that to Law society, I would have not only lost my chance of being retained by the insurer, but also I may not even be able to complete my training contract.

Now that I have a left the law firm, technically I could complain to Law Society, but why would I bite the hand that fed me. That would be ungrateful.

Just keep quiet and leave. Its just like any other employment, if you not happy you will just quit, complain for what?

Lastly, being General Counsel, it is not incredible, but possible, I just write here share my job role only. Not trying to showoff or anything. Frankly, my pay of course is lower than those senior lawyers out there with similar PQE, but I am not complaining.