Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Investments and Net Worth (https://forums.salary.sg/investments-net-worth/)
-   -   Whats your net worth (https://forums.salary.sg/investments-net-worth/817-whats-your-net-worth.html)

Unregistered 01-07-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 39302)
31 this year with diploma working as admin executive in a glc. yearly pay about 35k, now staying a hdb 4-rm worth 460k with 180k mortgage left. cash only 60k and stocks/unit trust/endowment another 200k.

Wow, you're very lucky, such a high pay for just doing admin work. You're also lucky to get a cheap BTO flat. I'm sure you bought your 4 room BTO at Bukit Batok or CCK at only $250k. Count your lucky stars to be born here instead of some 3rd world country!

Unregistered 01-07-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 39302)
31 this year with diploma working as admin executive in a glc. yearly pay about 35k, now staying a hdb 4-rm worth 460k with 180k mortgage left. cash only 60k and stocks/unit trust/endowment another 200k.

not bad for your age, but better buck up if you want to retire comfortably when old.

Unregistered 01-07-2013 08:42 PM

47, just joined the millionaire club in Singapore. Excluding my fully paid condo, I have US$1 mil of investable funds. However, I am now jobless. I'm a jobless millionaire, getting only $40k of passive income every year. I'm a poor jobless millionaire.

My friends have jobs and earns $200k pa, they have a good life, spend on classy restaurants, drinks, partying, girls, holidays. They spend more than $200k pa, many are in big debt, they say they can pay off their debt easily because of their high pay.

I eat at hawker centers, drive a small old car. Spend $40k pa, no savings. Should I be sad of my state of affairs? Been trying to get back into my job but not successful, too old perhaps. I'm a loser.

Unregistered 01-07-2013 10:41 PM

How did you just join the millionaire club? Just got your last pay check that brought your investable amount to US$1m?

You single?

You are a loser if you say so. Nobody will argue with you.

Money alone is not enough to bring completeness, fulfillment and happiness in life. Family, friends, a job that you are good and happy at, good health, and hobbies etc...are other ingredients (most times are more important than money especially when you have enough)

That's why you will always find people who are not rich, but are happy and lead fulfilling lives. On the other hand there are divorced millionaires who lead lonely and meaningless lives.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 39328)
47, just joined the millionaire club in Singapore. Excluding my fully paid condo, I have US$1 mil of investable funds. However, I am now jobless. I'm a jobless millionaire, getting only $40k of passive income every year. I'm a poor jobless millionaire.

My friends have jobs and earns $200k pa, they have a good life, spend on classy restaurants, drinks, partying, girls, holidays. They spend more than $200k pa, many are in big debt, they say they can pay off their debt easily because of their high pay.

I eat at hawker centers, drive a small old car. Spend $40k pa, no savings. Should I be sad of my state of affairs? Been trying to get back into my job but not successful, too old perhaps. I'm a loser.

Unregistered 02-07-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 39328)

47 already only US$1mil, bro ur in big trouble...

Unregistered 02-07-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 39351)
47 already only US$1mil, bro ur in big trouble...

Don't mislead others.

If he's in big trouble, then 99% of Singaporeans will be in trouble too.

US$1m is more than enough to retire. If he generates a conservative 5% pa, he will get about US$50k pa (S$62k pa) of S$5k pm. This is more than enough if he has no debt.

Unregistered 02-07-2013 07:17 PM

To be a winner, u need to own the entire medium size condo development by age 40. with around 250-350 units? This way u can retire comfortably as a poor billionaire. Anything below that is considered poor by singapore standards,

Unregistered 03-07-2013 08:14 AM

45, full time trader, earning $50k pa. Net worth, $1.7m.
Wife, 40, earning $100k pa. Net worth, $0.6m.
Household expenses, $110k pa. Savings, $40k pa.
We hope to hit $5m in combined net worth by 65 years old.

Unregistered 03-07-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 39377)
45, full time trader, earning $50k pa. Net worth, $1.7m.
Wife, 40, earning $100k pa. Net worth, $0.6m.
Household expenses, $110k pa. Savings, $40k pa.
We hope to hit $5m in combined net worth by 65 years old.

well done! a net worth of $1.7m at 45 is commendable. of course there will always be some sick people who said you must be worth $5m or $10m at 45. impossible for 99% of people.

i think you are in the top 5% in your age group, in terms of net worth.

Unregistered 03-07-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 39393)
well done! a net worth of $1.7m at 45 is commendable. of course there will always be some sick people who said you must be worth $5m or $10m at 45. impossible for 99% of people.

i think you are in the top 5% in your age group, in terms of net worth.

is there public info on net worth by age groups?