Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Investments and Net Worth (https://forums.salary.sg/investments-net-worth/)
-   -   How much savings do you have? (https://forums.salary.sg/investments-net-worth/1199-how-much-savings-do-you-have.html)

Unregistered 24-10-2012 08:37 AM

In Singapore, dont your savings should not be in cash as your cash purchasing value will drop. You can buy less assets with your cash savings. Use your cash to buy property as your cash will increase in value in the future. Property prices will rise but cash will be worth less and less.

Unregistered 24-10-2012 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 29405)
In Singapore, dont your savings should not be in cash as your cash purchasing value will drop. You can buy less assets with your cash savings. Use your cash to buy property as your cash will increase in value in the future. Property prices will rise but cash will be worth less and less.

Totally agree. Last time COE was $15K for big cars now almost $100K. If you did not buy last time and keep your cash, your cash now cannot buy many things. I agree buying property is best use of cash, esp if you buy a landed property. Your savings converted to investments in property.

Unregistered 24-10-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 29404)
There are 4 units in Westwood selling at $1.5m, these will be sold within the next 2 months.

The next deal will close at $1.65m, then $1.75m, then $1.85m, then $2m and this go higher and higher in 2013.

i know of a relative who bought a terrace house in Westwood for $1.1 million, now he is so happy as it is now valued at $1.45 million now. He said it will surely go to $ 2 million plus.

poor and stupid 24-10-2012 03:14 PM

Crap! Cant buy any houses! I am praying for another 1996-1997 hehehe

Unregistered 24-10-2012 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poor and stupid (Post 29433)
Crap! Cant buy any houses! I am praying for another 1996-1997 hehehe

Fat hope. There are many people hoping for a crash, with so many people wanting to buy, prices will not fall, in fact likely to rise.

Unregistered 24-10-2012 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 29454)
Fat hope. There are many people hoping for a crash, with so many people wanting to buy, prices will not fall, in fact likely to rise.

Then it will crash when these people are all burnt.

Billions of dollars are literally wiped out in a small stock market crash. Property will be worse because people buy using leverage.

Unregistered 24-10-2012 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 29455)
Then it will crash when these people are all burnt.

Billions of dollars are literally wiped out in a small stock market crash. Property will be worse because people buy using leverage.

you are just one of the many who wants the market to crash to buy cheap.

when there is so much fear of market crashing, this means market will continue to go higher.

Unregistered 25-10-2012 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 29460)
you are just one of the many who wants the market to crash to buy cheap.

when there is so much fear of market crashing, this means market will continue to go higher.

So let's wait for the time when there's no fear. What goes up must come down. Subprime crisis started with people giving out warnings too but others fearlessly ignored the tell tale signs.

Unregistered 25-10-2012 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 29473)
So let's wait for the time when there's no fear. What goes up must come down. Subprime crisis started with people giving out warnings too but others fearlessly ignored the tell tale signs.

Obviously you are delusional. Don't compare Singapore with the US. In the US there were a lot of scams, people with no income got loans, MBS were packaged into AAA securities even though they contain toxic assets, etc. Singapore's system is more prudent. No nonsense and the government has taken many cooling measures which have worked in ensuring prices did not rise too much, too fast.

You can continue to build your castle in the air.

PradaLee 25-10-2012 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 29381)
Good point. Yes from my many years of property investing, the most important thing about property is location. While it is true that many investors shun Jurong in the past, the announcement that the Jurong Lake District will be transformed into the 2nd CBD changes everything.

So not surprising why prices in Jurong are rising fast, especially the landed properties in Westwood and Corporation estates.

Just curious are these landed props supported by good rental yield? How much rental can you get for a 1.5 million landed? How about a 1.5 million condo?


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 03:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2