Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Investments and Net Worth (https://forums.salary.sg/investments-net-worth/)
-   -   How much savings do you have? (https://forums.salary.sg/investments-net-worth/1199-how-much-savings-do-you-have.html)

Unregistered 03-01-2015 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 60934)
This forum is about assets and income. If you dont like what is written then dont read. By the way, having those assets is not uncommon for those in banking, law or medicine. In fact I have acquaintances and friends who are 40 and already own semi-ds or bungalows in D10.

hmm so among your friends you have a small "d" lah...

Unregistered 05-01-2015 02:10 PM

Sole breadwinner, 50, $6k pm.
Cash savings $20k
Spending $5.5k pm
Cash savings $500 pm

Unregistered 12-01-2015 11:17 AM

40, sole breadwinner, $2k pm

Cash: $3K
Hdb loan: 180k

3 kids: 2 in primary, 1 kindergarten

Likely to work beyond retirement age

Unregistered 12-01-2015 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 61254)
40, sole breadwinner, $2k pm

Cash: $3K
Hdb loan: 180k

3 kids: 2 in primary, 1 kindergarten

Likely to work beyond retirement age

what's your highest qualifications?
how do you survive with $2k pm?
why is your wife not working?

Unregistered 12-01-2015 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 61255)
what's your highest qualifications?
how do you survive with $2k pm?
why is your wife not working?

ITE. Spend on kids a month abt 500. Parents take 500. I spend the remaining including paying for utility. On good months still able to save a bit. Wife is no longer around.

Unregistered 12-01-2015 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 61261)
ITE. Spend on kids a month abt 500. Parents take 500. I spend the remaining including paying for utility. On good months still able to save a bit. Wife is no longer around.

Sorry to hear about your wife. I suggest you seek financial help with the relevant welfare organisations and authorities. There are many schemes for low income households.

Take care and all the best.

Unregistered 13-01-2015 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 61269)
Sorry to hear about your wife. I suggest you seek financial help with the relevant welfare organisations and authorities. There are many schemes for low income households.

Take care and all the best.

Thank u for the concern but will not be seeking any financial help at the moment. There are many more who are more unfortunate than me. By seeking help would deprive someone of that chance, someone who needed the help more than I do. We are contented to have a roof, 3 meals a day and good health. Thats all that matters.

Unregistered 14-01-2015 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 61314)
Thank u for the concern but will not be seeking any financial help at the moment. There are many more who are more unfortunate than me. By seeking help would deprive someone of that chance, someone who needed the help more than I do. We are contented to have a roof, 3 meals a day and good health. Thats all that matters.

Since you have 3 children and a big HDB loan, it is best you get financial help. You can call the Comcare helpline. I think you are spending too much on your kids given your low income. With financial help, you may get help for your kids' kindergarten and school fees. You can then use the savings to buy insurance (health & accident) for your family (assuming you don't have) or build up your emergency fund. You are actually one pay check away from financial crisis. This is my sincere advice.

Unregistered 14-01-2015 10:00 AM

your kids are apply for bursary too.

Unregistered 14-01-2015 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 61314)

People like you restore my faith in humanity. Your post also lends perspective to all those on this forum who seem to earn a lot but are never contented.