Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Investments and Net Worth (https://forums.salary.sg/investments-net-worth/)
-   -   How much savings do you have? (https://forums.salary.sg/investments-net-worth/1199-how-much-savings-do-you-have.html)

doctor 19-10-2012 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 29205)
If you to propertyguru and do a search, there are landed estates in the Jurong area. These are the Corporation, Westwood and Pioneer estates. Corporation and Westwood estates are relatively newer. Prices are now about $1.5m - $2m for terraces. Prices are in an uptrend since the announcement in 2008 of the Jurong Lake District 2nd CBD plan. Many people and agents are predicting prices will go beyond $2m and above once the area is fully developed. Any price below $2m today is a bargain. I think about 20 units now selling below $2m.

Saw in propertyguru, only 6 units in Westwood selling at $1.5m.

3 storey, 5 rooms. Built up about 3000 sft.

Quite low price on a psf basis.

Unregistered 19-10-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 29205)
If you to propertyguru and do a search, there are landed estates in the Jurong area. These are the Corporation, Westwood and Pioneer estates. Corporation and Westwood estates are relatively newer. Prices are now about $1.5m - $2m for terraces. Prices are in an uptrend since the announcement in 2008 of the Jurong Lake District 2nd CBD plan. Many people and agents are predicting prices will go beyond $2m and above once the area is fully developed. Any price below $2m today is a bargain. I think about 20 units now selling below $2m.

this is true. 1.5m - 2 mil to secure a built-in space of 3000 plus square feet translates to only about 500 plus psf FREEHOLD .... whilst any freehold condo usually goes for 1200 psf or more nowadays. prices for landed property nowadays are still at a bargain, but this situation may not remain for long, as more Singaporeans become cognizant of this fact.

Unregistered 20-10-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 29263)
this is true. 1.5m - 2 mil to secure a built-in space of 3000 plus square feet translates to only about 500 plus psf FREEHOLD .... whilst any freehold condo usually goes for 1200 psf or more nowadays. prices for landed property nowadays are still at a bargain, but this situation may not remain for long, as more Singaporeans become cognizant of this fact.

500psf is even lower than HDB flat psf.

I have a exec apartment in bishan which I paid very cheaply many years ago and now have cleared all my loan. It is now worth $900k.

If I sell my flat, I will get $900k as downpayment for a $1.5m terrace house in Westwood. And loan $600k. Or I can ask my parents to sell their 5 room flat now worth $800k. Can combine and buy the terrace fully paid. We can all live together in a big house.

Unregistered 20-10-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 29277)

I have a exec apartment in bishan which I paid very cheaply many years ago and now have cleared all my loan. It is now worth $900k.

If I sell my flat, I will get $900k as downpayment for a $1.5m terrace house in Westwood. And loan $600k. Or I can ask my parents to sell their 5 room flat now worth $800k. Can combine and buy the terrace fully paid. We can all live together in a big house.

This is a great idea. Thanks for the tips. Will discuss with my parents if they like the idea.

Unregistered 20-10-2012 08:16 PM

My savings are in my freehold terrace house, 2.4M no loan

Unregistered 20-10-2012 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 29277)

Good idea for you and parents to stay together. It will be a worthwhile move. You can sell when the terrace house hits $2.5m or higher. Demand for Westwood terraces is high. At $1.5m, it is definitely a buy if you can afford.

Unregistered 21-10-2012 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 29293)
Good idea for you and parents to stay together. It will be a worthwhile move. You can sell when the terrace house hits $2.5m or higher. Demand for Westwood terraces is high. At $1.5m, it is definitely a buy if you can afford.

Don't sell at $2.5m, it will go higher than $3m when the Jurong Lake District is ready. With built up area of 3000sft, even at $3m, the psf is only $1000psf. This is still cheap.

Unregistered 21-10-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 29298)
Don't sell at $2.5m, it will go higher than $3m when the Jurong Lake District is ready. With built up area of 3000sft, even at $3m, the psf is only $1000psf. This is still cheap.

You are right. When the Hospitals in Jurong Gateway is ready, there will be many rich doctors working there. Also when the Jurong new CBD is ready, you will have many senior executives - CEOs, CFOs, EVPs, etc - working there. These rich executives earn millions every year, so they will want to live in big houses, with at least 3000 square feet in built up sizes. So, they will likely buy the terraces and semi-Ds in the Westwood or Corporation estates. $3m is no big deal for them as they earn million dollar annual salary packages. If you have the means, you can also buy these cheap $1.5m houses and keep and then can rent out to the foreign doctors and executives (foriegners cannot buy landed properties) at about $15k - $20k a month. This is a good long term investment.

Wiseman1 21-10-2012 06:25 PM

You guys are really ignorant clowns, still wanna pretend to be smart to give advice. No one use total built-up area to calculate psf price when it comes to landed properties, you gonna use total land area to calculate!

You can have a small piece of land but still have high total built up area if the plot ratio is raised but what is the point? Obviously only when the land is bigger is it considered a good buy.

The total land area is only 1733sf, which means the psf is close to $900 based on price of $1.5m plus, which is not exactly cheap for a place like Jurong

Nowadays property agents are cunning when it comes to landed properties, they choose to quote psf prices based on total built up area instead of landed area to mask the true psf price which is much higher.....unscrupulous!!

Unregistered 21-10-2012 09:55 PM

Well, technically all psf for condos are also built-up psf. :p