Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Investments and Net Worth (https://forums.salary.sg/investments-net-worth/)
-   -   How much savings do you have? (https://forums.salary.sg/investments-net-worth/1199-how-much-savings-do-you-have.html)

Old man 16-10-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 29096)
Keyboard warrior, what makes you think i'm not staying in a landed? :)

Just that I don't really put down other people who stay in a HDB but have an honest living.

That's the difference. I think enough has been said. Lead your life, and if life throws you a curve ball, be sure to come back and read this statement that you have written.

You don't have to sound too righteous. What the guy wrote is right.

Unregistered 16-10-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 29095)
In Singapore, if you don't live in a private property, you are actually a nobody. That's a reality. Noone will tell you this in your face in the real world. We are now in an online forum so people will tell you the hard facts.

Those who live in hdb - nobody
Those who live in condo - almost there
Those who live in a landed property - you've arrived and indeed a somebody. Only 5% of Singaporeans live in a landed property

Work harder to be a somebody in your life

there are those landed property in geyland, macpherson, lease left 30 yrs cheap only, and almost like slum. That is arrived? boy, r y stupiak or wat. i know people who live in hdb, but own biz with annual profit > 1m.

Unregistered 16-10-2012 02:36 PM

nsicka The

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 25602)
i so sad now. spent 5-6 years sick no work mostly hospital
then start work slowly work part time
now only got 1st full time job at 32 year

how to do savings :(

he BS la.

he got HDB but annual income 450k.

I ask u, annual income 450k how to buy HDB. He want to BS oso say annual income 140k. this forum is f.o.s.

Unregistered 16-10-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 22736)
100k used to be a big deal 10 years ago, but it's the average pay for degree holders in their thirties. 200k is within reach of the average grad in his forties.

300k and beyond requires some luck and effort.

hey stupid. what is the income ceiling for HDB? 15k right. x 12 is 180k. So on average most ppl cannot buy hdb as exceed income ceiling. so why so many people (80%) of population stay in HDB. wanna bull oso check ur facts la. I run a biz pay my staff with degree 4k only. u dont want i can get others. bs lor 200k 300k a year at age 30.

Unregistered 16-10-2012 02:49 PM

Sans modelKa

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 23443)
curious, where do you get all your wealth from?

do you have initial wealth or working in really good jobs?

always wondered how come people had so much assets. please share.

am a early twenties kid. still in school.

they get their wealth from being kiasu and then bull-ing in this forum. life is about work and passion, not everything related to money. dont believe everything u read here. 80% BS one.

Unregistered 16-10-2012 03:33 PM

i also want to contribute to the castle building here

age 29

cash: 2.8mil
property: 2 condo valued at $5.8mil, 2 terrace valued at 6.3mil and 1 semi d valued at 11mil
stocks: 4.5mil in stocks, monthly average dividend of 32k
business revenue: 46.2 mil as of last FY
cars: 2 cars valued at 950k collectively
CPF: 1.3mil

happens, but not sure where

Unregistered 16-10-2012 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old man (Post 29104)
You don't have to sound too righteous. What the guy wrote is right.

No lah, I'm not righteous, I'm just a nice guy :)

I can tell there are alot of people here with nothing but trying to blow tonnes of hot air. So I just play along. cheers.

Unregistered 16-10-2012 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 29106)
he BS la.

he got HDB but annual income 450k.

I ask u, annual income 450k how to buy HDB. He want to BS oso say annual income 140k. this forum is f.o.s.

Get your facts right. The income ceiling is imposed only when you buy BTO (ie buy direct from HDB).

If you earn millions, you can still buy a resale HDB flat from the open market. Now, go do your school homework.

Unregistered 16-10-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 29107)
hey stupid. what is the income ceiling for HDB? 15k right. x 12 is 180k. So on average most ppl cannot buy hdb as exceed income ceiling. so why so many people (80%) of population stay in HDB. wanna bull oso check ur facts la. I run a biz pay my staff with degree 4k only. u dont want i can get others. bs lor 200k 300k a year at age 30.

You are the stupid one, ignoramus.

Lots of prudent high earners buy HDB resale flats. There's no income ceiling on resale flats. Get your facts right before calling others stupid. You're the idiot.

I want to own landed 17-10-2012 08:54 AM

Can anyone advise where I can buy a good value landed property? My budget is $2mil. Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 29095)
In Singapore, if you don't live in a private property, you are actually a nobody. That's a reality. Noone will tell you this in your face in the real world. We are now in an online forum so people will tell you the hard facts.

Those who live in hdb - nobody
Those who live in condo - almost there
Those who live in a landed property - you've arrived and indeed a somebody. Only 5% of Singaporeans live in a landed property

Work harder to be a somebody in your life