Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Investments and Net Worth (https://forums.salary.sg/investments-net-worth/)
-   -   How much savings do you have? (https://forums.salary.sg/investments-net-worth/1199-how-much-savings-do-you-have.html)

Unregistered 04-05-2021 03:21 AM

I'm 30. I currently have:
£97k - cash
£194k - property equity
£27k - stocks
£97k - pension; mostly in high volatility equities and corporate property funds
That's £415k or about $500k at today's rate. I'm intentionally high on cash at the moment as I'm looking to increase my property investments. In most cases, I invest here s://.kingsbridge.org/senior-independent-living-atlanta-ga/. I currently earn around £90k pa plus bonus, unmarried, no kids, and own my own home. I'm not very materialistic, so I have an elementary life and tend to spend more traveling.

Unregistered 04-05-2021 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 167491)
I'm 30. I currently have:
£97k - cash
£194k - property equity
£27k - stocks
£97k - pension; mostly in high volatility equities and corporate property funds
That's £415k or about $500k at today's rate. I'm intentionally high on cash at the moment as I'm looking to increase my property investments. In most cases, I invest here s://.kingsbridge.org/senior-independent-living-atlanta-ga/. I currently earn around £90k pa plus bonus, unmarried, no kids, and own my own home. I'm not very materialistic, so I have an elementary life and tend to spend more traveling.

Hos can you manage to save a lot? 90k that is before tax I assume. I still dont get it how you can save that much with 90k at early age

Unregistered 04-05-2021 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 167386)
You are free to give up your Singaporean citizenship and seek assylum elsewhere like Amos yee. Then you can skip NS. All's fair.

Don’t side step the topic. The topic now is on asking Singaporean women to give up 2 years of their prime to serve NS like all men did.

Unregistered 06-05-2021 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 167625)
Don’t side step the topic. The topic now is on asking Singaporean women to give up 2 years of their prime to serve NS like all men did.

Aren't you the one who claimed you were unfairly treated because you served NS? Then someone pointed out to you a loophole to not serve NS, no? . Question is, do you want to take the initiative to do it or just whine?

Unregistered 07-05-2021 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 167783)
Aren't you the one who claimed you were unfairly treated because you served NS? Then someone pointed out to you a loophole to not serve NS, no? . Question is, do you want to take the initiative to do it or just whine?

Don't be so dumb. Unless you're born with a silver spoon with lots of cash to migrate before you're 18, you can do that. How else do you expect someone to relinquish his citizenship and leave Singapore before 18 to do NS? The Singapore government isn't so stupid to let you exploit this "loophole". Nevertheless, in the process now of applying to leave. Still, 2 years was already wasted.

Unregistered 07-05-2021 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 167923)
Don't be so dumb. Unless you're born with a silver spoon with lots of cash to migrate before you're 18, you can do that. How else do you expect someone to relinquish his citizenship and leave Singapore before 18 to do NS? The Singapore government isn't so stupid to let you exploit this "loophole". Nevertheless, in the process now of applying to leave. Still, 2 years was already wasted.

So what’s your age and corresponding net worth now? I see many males surpassing their female counterparts leh. Maybe it’s not really the 2 years of NS but just you?

Unregistered 07-05-2021 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 167929)
So what’s your age and corresponding net worth now? I see many males surpassing their female counterparts leh. Maybe it’s not really the 2 years of NS but just you?

Already posted here previously - go check out the previous posts and see what you choose to believe.

Also, does asking females to serve 2 years of NS got to do with men surpassing women in net worth? That’s because the many males you mention are likely more capable than females anyway. The issue here is to try as much as possible to have everyone start earning $ on an equal footing. Gender equality, woman, is what our very own AWARE has always been preaching about.

Unregistered 08-05-2021 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 168015)
Already posted here previously - go check out the previous posts and see what you choose to believe.

Also, does asking females to serve 2 years of NS got to do with men surpassing women in net worth? That’s because the many males you mention are likely more capable than females anyway. The issue here is to try as much as possible to have everyone start earning $ on an equal footing. Gender equality, woman, is what our very own AWARE has always been preaching about.

then could be the chick more capable than u also lor... so salty for what.
no wonder falling behind others cos you only know how to whine, instead of doing something about it. liddat give u 20 years headstart also not enough

Unregistered 08-05-2021 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 168027)
then could be the chick more capable than u also lor... so salty for what.
no wonder falling behind others cos you only know how to whine, instead of doing something about it. liddat give u 20 years headstart also not enough

This is true. That guy better buck up. Do something instead of whining. Take success of others as a form of motivation and perspective.

Unregistered 08-05-2021 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 167159)
Singaporean women should donate a portion of the income they earn in their first 2 years of their career to men. So unfair for women to have an earlier head start in life. 2 precious years. And don’t talk those ******** about women having to give birth etc - the fact is childbearing is not enforced but men are forced to go through 2 years of hell in the army.

...how did my original post trigger this?

My first paycheck out of NUS was $2.6K.
For 6 years, I was drawing between $3K ~ $4K.
Hardly what you’d call a “head start”.

However, I’m an aggressive saver, and have been accumulating my net worth since I turned 18 by working PT jobs with long hours (and CPF!)
Surely you can give me some credit for that...