Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Shell TDP (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/9569-shell-tdp.html)

tommy 25-09-2017 04:18 PM

Shell TDP

Hi all,

I've seen a thread on the Shell Grad Programme, but nothing on the (newly introduced?) Shell TDP.

I myself have applied for the TDP this cycle and have gone through the online assessments but nothing heard since then...

Please can you share your progress / updates here? Thanks.

Unregistered 25-09-2017 10:42 PM

submitted all my online assessments, did the online interview too. received rejection email one day later lol

tommy 25-09-2017 11:33 PM

yoo at least you got the interview. i haven't heard back and it's killing me ever so slightly everyday... lol

tommy 25-09-2017 11:34 PM

^killing me inside*

Unregistered 04-10-2017 03:30 PM

No news for my application also

Unregistered 06-10-2017 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 100671)
No news for my application also

i would have thought they would have sent out invites by now given that interviews are next Monday. ah well.

keep each other updated?

Unregistered 07-10-2017 12:19 AM

Shell's TDP isn't new. Just like how BP have theirs as well.

Clearly a bunch of people here have no clue about the commodities industry yet are trying their luck.

No wonder its an old boys club.

P.S here's another tip. For many of the other experienced hire positions in these companies, they already have 'selected' the candidate, commonly from an internal transfer or by an industry referral. HR's are just 'doing their job'. Good luck!

Unregistered 07-10-2017 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 100717)

Clearly a bunch of people here have no clue about the commodities industry yet are trying their luck.

P.S here's another tip. For many of the other experienced hire positions in these companies, they already have 'selected' the candidate, commonly from an internal transfer or by an industry referral. HR's are just 'doing their job'. Good luck!

it previously wasn't made available to externals (i.e. non-Shell employees). BP have their TDP for grads yes. That's the equivalent of Shell's TGP. This is the first year Shell Sing (or SIETCO like you mentioned in the other post) has opened up their TDP to externals. thanks.

Unregistered 07-10-2017 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 100717)

also are you in commods trading? also which firm which product?

Unregistered 07-10-2017 12:48 AM

H100 calder

Yes I handle light distillates. No names mentioned.

Maybe some of the guys here who are aspiring can try for Trafi/Glencore progs as well. Good luck.

Unregistered 07-10-2017 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 100723)
Yes I handle light distillates. No names mentioned.

Maybe some of the guys here who are aspiring can try for Trafi/Glencore progs as well. Good luck.

if you handle light dist i might know you. unless you're a junior.

Traf grad programme sucks. Glencore they take 5ish a year globally?

Unregistered 10-10-2017 02:56 PM

still radio silence

Unregistered 16-10-2017 12:34 AM

Just arrange a phone interview this wed. Any examples of what kind of questions they will ask? Many thanks..

Unregistered 16-10-2017 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 100976)
Just arrange a phone interview this wed. Any examples of what kind of questions they will ask? Many thanks..

Did they inform you to book via email or phone call?

Unregistered 17-10-2017 12:19 AM

through email.. did u get it as well?

Unregistered 17-10-2017 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 101007)
through email.. did u get it as well?

None yet.

Probably cause I applied quite late.

Unregistered 19-10-2017 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 100976)

How was the interview that you had on Wed?

Did they make you do any specific case studies?

Or, was it just a competency based interview?

Unregistered 23-10-2017 11:02 AM

Any new updates from you guys?

Unregistered2 23-10-2017 12:59 PM

No reply

Hi
I also haven't heard back. and seeing that we have passed the deadline, it is probably the end of the line for us who had no replies. Just wish they could have replied with a rejection email...

Unregistered 23-10-2017 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered2 (Post 101160)
Hi
I also haven't heard back. and seeing that we have passed the deadline, it is probably the end of the line for us who had no replies. Just wish they could have replied with a rejection email...

Think on bright side.

No rejection means still got hope. If they were to reject you, it would probably be within 1 week after the arranged phone interview, as what was read in various forums and threads.

Unregistered 24-10-2017 05:40 AM

Hi Guys

Any luck on TDP interviews?
i am also waiting for the email, i sent an email to careers, n they replied that its still under process and will let me know in the latest development soonest possible.

Unregistered 24-10-2017 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 101184)
Hi Guys

Any luck on TDP interviews?
i am also waiting for the email, i sent an email to careers, n they replied that its still under process and will let me know in the latest development soonest possible.

When did you receive an email from careers?

I've sent a couple of emails to them over the last 2 weeks and they never got back to me. Seems like the majority are still waiting on feedback though.

Unregistered 25-10-2017 10:13 PM

No idea

No idea too. Been waiting since the day I did the online assessment. I have been sending mails to the careers email but all I receive are emails telling me that my application is still in process.

The email I previously received before doing the online assessment and the official website mentioned that phone screening will take place during October, but October is almost over! Are majority of the candidates still waiting to be phone screened?

Unregistered 26-10-2017 04:24 AM

Our Recruiter is in the process of screening your qualifications and assessment results. This may take some time since at the moment, we are experiencing a high number of applications therefore you may experience a delay in receiving feedback from us. We hope that this delay does not cause you too much inconvenience. Should you receive other offers with time deadlines please let us know.

Please note that our communication with you with regard to your application is mostly done via email. Therefore, we would appreciate it if you could check your email inbox including your Spam or Junk folder regularly to ensure we maintain close contact throughout your application.

Best regards,
Shell Recruitment Team
[email protected]

Thats what i got from them

Unregistered 27-10-2017 03:43 PM

Phone interviews have been concluded is what i heard. I personally know a couple of guys who have been interviewed.

Unregistered 30-10-2017 11:10 PM

The email has arrived. Congrats to those who are successful in getting into the next round.

Unregistered 31-10-2017 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 101340)
The email has arrived. Congrats to those who are successful in getting into the next round.

You made it to the assessment centre? I'm still waiting for my phone interview result...I'm based in London.

Unregistered 01-11-2017 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 101341)
You made it to the assessment centre? I'm still waiting for my phone interview result...I'm based in London.

What are you currently doing may I ask? I am also based in London.

Unregistered 01-11-2017 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 101362)
What are you currently doing may I ask? I am also based in London.

I work in Oil & Gas but not in trading
Have you applied as well? have you got any news?

Unregistered 03-11-2017 08:20 PM

Final assessment round invites have started to arrive :)

Congrats to all those who made it through!

Unregistered 05-11-2017 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 101451)

Did you receive an invite? Anyone else who can confirm they received an invite??

Unregistered 05-11-2017 08:26 PM

thanks for info

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 101451)

Thanks a lot for the info. Is it the email with link to assessment centre timing?

Unregistered 06-11-2017 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 101496)
Thanks a lot for the info. Is it the email with link to assessment centre timing?

hahaha.. nice try!

Unregistered 11-11-2017 03:17 PM

Final TDP face to face assessment

I had my final TDP face to face assessment yesterday. Fantastic experience. Anyone else who has had their final assessments?

Unregistered 11-11-2017 03:30 PM

Hey, is the TDP different from the graduate programme? Thanks!

Unregistered 11-11-2017 03:40 PM

Forestglen mexico

What is the starting pay for grad program?

Unregistered 11-11-2017 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 101704)
Hey, is the TDP different from the graduate programme? Thanks!

Yes - 2 diffn programs.

Unregistered 11-11-2017 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 101706)
What is the starting pay for grad program?

Not sure but Shell is a top paymaster so dont worry about pay.

Unregistered 23-11-2017 02:54 AM

Final

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 101702)
I had my final TDP face to face assessment yesterday. Fantastic experience. Anyone else who has had their final assessments?

Hi,
I made my 7/11, did you have any response or prediction from them?

Unregistered 26-11-2017 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 102055)
Hi,
I made my 7/11, did you have any response or prediction from them?

Nope.. they didnt say anything about the timeline. How many of you were there at the assessment? We were 6.