Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 28-03-2019 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 115587)
I guess I am trying to ask if that is the pay range for SB. Yes, I understand where you are coming from as I experience it myself too. It took me about 8 months to finally get an offer from CS. All my other applications were ignored or rejected without calls for interview.

I guess the market is really bad eh? Thought I was the few unlucky ones struggling for so long to secure a job.

Hello. Public service no longer standardize the one scale. If your job is very challenging your basic may be really good and B grade 2-4 months. But if the company don't even profit, B grade maybe not even 2. Salary fair or not, is individual perception. Some are very happy farmers.

Unregistered 29-03-2019 02:52 PM

any thoughts on MFA's foreign service officer role, political and economic.

pay/progression/process etc

thanks!

Unregistered 29-03-2019 10:23 PM

When will the updated payroll be out for the new workyear

Unregistered 30-03-2019 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 115536)
PSC scholars are automatically put on PSLP after they graduate.
For farmers, it's very rare to get into PSLP. Even for non-PSC scholars, it would take several years of assessment before being considered.

That is why I’m wondering about why my director even brought it up in the first place.

Unregistered 30-03-2019 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 115672)
That is why I’m wondering about why my director even brought it up in the first place.

Time of the year to run. Entice you to stay put.

Unregistered 30-03-2019 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 115660)
When will the updated payroll be out for the new workyear

at your next payroll

Unregistered 30-03-2019 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 115688)
at your next payroll

That will be around 7 to 8 April usually

Unregistered 30-03-2019 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 115737)
That will be around 7 to 8 April usually

It depends. Nothing in CS is definite. Just like our *ahem*.

Unregistered 30-03-2019 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 115635)
any thoughts on MFA's foreign service officer role, political and economic.

pay/progression/process etc

thanks!

I'm assuming not the 'consulate/commission' path yea?

Oh well, you attend events. You write reports and essays. Till you drop dead and decide that such is not the path a normal human being expect.

Pay is meh meh nia. Progression - nothing much to progress. Process, what process?

Oh please, wear a suit and avoid the white black with black. Wear a blue jacket or what. Presentable and pleasant else how to meet foreign delegates.

Dufresne 30-03-2019 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 115741)
I'm assuming not the 'consulate/commission' path yea?

Oh well, you attend events. You write reports and essays. Till you drop dead and decide that such is not the path a normal human being expect.

Pay is meh meh nia. Progression - nothing much to progress. Process, what process?

Oh please, wear a suit and avoid the white black with black. Wear a blue jacket or what. Presentable and pleasant else how to meet foreign delegates.

What you mean by "pay is meh meh"? I thought MFA pays very well? You benchmark against top investment bankers?