Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 12-12-2018 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmNewToCivilService (Post 112345)
Yup. This role will be leading a team, small team though. This is a IT role, was told is eligible for MAC of estimated 1 month (depends on performance). Anyone know when is the payout?

All teams in LTA are lean. Treat it as job security. Since u mention that its based on performance, i assume that you are referring to variable bonus instead. Pay out is in April.

Unregistered 12-12-2018 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 112353)
All teams in LTA are lean. Treat it as job security. Since u mention that its based on performance, i assume that you are referring to variable bonus instead. Pay out is in April.

Its in march. Don't anyhow say please.

IAMNewToCivilService 12-12-2018 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 112354)
Its in march. Don't anyhow say please.

Thanks guys! Yes, agree that better job security if the team is lean. Just curious is MAC given on the same month as VB as the HR who attended to me is unsure also.

Unregistered 13-12-2018 09:54 AM

Year end bonus

Hi guys hope someone can help me with this query. I have been in a stat board for 3 months and just received my pro rated year end bonus. I will be resigning to join another ministry. Will I need to return my bonus? Not going through the movement policy. Thanks

PLUG 13-12-2018 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmNewToCivilService (Post 112345)
Yup. This role will be leading a team, small team though. This is a IT role, was told is eligible for MAC of estimated 1 month (depends on performance). Anyone know when is the payout?

Currently Feb and Aug. There might be changes in future.

That HR ought to be more helpful.

Unregistered 13-12-2018 11:56 PM

i am in mid career in private sector drawing 5.8k/mth, i have been offered MX11 with 6k/mth at a ministry. I understand that there is a salary scale for each job grade. Does anyone know what is the max salary for MX11? likewise, what is the max salary for MX11A and MX10? HR only offered me $200 increase but would be tempting if the room for growth/increment is large. Need some enlightenment from pals here in the those job grades.

IAMNewToCivilService 14-12-2018 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PLUG (Post 112391)
Currently Feb and Aug. There might be changes in future.

That HR ought to be more helpful.

Thanks for the info! Any idea if I will be getting it in my first year if I join in Jan?

Unregistered 14-12-2018 08:42 AM

Wanted to ask if civil service looks favourable upon the new NUS honours classification or NUS Honours (Merit) which was once 2nd lower?

Also, there was this news article that NTU regards those scoring 3.75/5.00 & above as their better students (although technically below 4.00/5.00 is still a 2nd lower)

Any advice?

Unregistered 15-12-2018 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 112397)
i am in mid career in private sector drawing 5.8k/mth, i have been offered MX11 with 6k/mth at a ministry. I understand that there is a salary scale for each job grade. Does anyone know what is the max salary for MX11? likewise, what is the max salary for MX11A and MX10? HR only offered me $200 increase but would be tempting if the room for growth/increment is large. Need some enlightenment from pals here in the those job grades.

If MX11 ceiling isn't adjusted since 2015, should be 7140

Unregistered 16-12-2018 07:00 PM

What grade is a Deputy Secretary? MX4 Or MR 4? What is the difference?