Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Improvisation 18-03-2017 06:35 AM

Hiya bros and sis, got a question on Current CEP and promotion.

Profile is as follow:

32 male,
5 Years 3 months in civil service (exclude NS)
Overseas Degree with honours

2011 - MX13
2012 - MX12, default C grade because confirmation
2013 - MX12, B grade
2014 - MX12, B grade
2015- MX 11, B grade
2016- MX 11, B grade
2017 - MX 11A

What do you think of the progression rate and what is the possible current cep?

Also what does PB Band 1 means? Does this affect CEP in any way?

Unregistered 18-03-2017 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Improvisation (Post 95699)
Hiya bros and sis, got a question on Current CEP and promotion.

Profile is as follow:

32 male,
5 Years 3 months in civil service (exclude NS)
Overseas Degree with honours

2011 - MX13
2012 - MX12, default C grade because confirmation
2013 - MX12, B grade
2014 - MX12, B grade
2015- MX 11, B grade
2016- MX 11, B grade
2017 - MX 11A

What do you think of the progression rate and what is the possible current cep?

Also what does PB Band 1 means? Does this affect CEP in any way?

CEp depends on Honours classification.
fch : highest cep
Second upper: not bad cep but need to farm for a longer time

Improvisation 18-03-2017 08:45 AM

I meant what is the possible CEP of the officer based on the progression rate above?

Unregistered 18-03-2017 03:32 PM

Wiesjra

Good performance but average cep. Perform well on the job but not promoted fast enough

Unregistered 18-03-2017 10:42 PM

what is the % of an A grader getting promoted?

Unregistered 18-03-2017 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 95702)
CEp depends on Honours classification.
fch : highest cep
Second upper: not bad cep but need to farm for a longer time

Please dont go around talking nonsense. CEP is NOT based on your entry educational qualifcations like class of honours.

CEP is strictly based on the estimated performance level of the incumbent, and what he can achieve as observed by his reporting officer (RO), supervising officer and the organisation.

I say this because I know people in my organisation who are pass/pass with merit degree holder, diploma holders who have high CEP. I have a pass with merit degree and I have a pretty decent CEP as well.

So please dont believe that CEP is given based on class of honours. Utter nonsense.

Anyway, based on the above case, I would think CEP is usually 1-2 grades higher than current rank/grade. Of course, CEP will be reviewed for higher grade in due course.

jrbearus 18-03-2017 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 95746)
what is the % of an A grader getting promoted?

It depends. In any case, promotion does not depend on once-off grade. A sustained performance couple with availability of post are pre-requisites.

Unregistered 19-03-2017 03:18 PM

hi all,

i got promoted last year to mx11, this year i got a C (which i assume its the default c), may i know howmuch i will be getting for my merit increment? some says $250, some says $280 some says $320

jrbearus 19-03-2017 04:08 PM

Entry qualifications as the phrase implies it is meant to assess your capability.

Once you are in, your CEP is determined by your performance, viz your supervisor. Do not assume CEP is always one or two grades higher. It can be the same as your current job grade.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 95747)
Please dont go around talking nonsense. CEP is NOT based on your entry educational qualifcations like class of honours.

CEP is strictly based on the estimated performance level of the incumbent, and what he can achieve as observed by his reporting officer (RO), supervising officer and the organisation.

I say this because I know people in my organisation who are pass/pass with merit degree holder, diploma holders who have high CEP. I have a pass with merit degree and I have a pretty decent CEP as well.

So please dont believe that CEP is given based on class of honours. Utter nonsense.

Anyway, based on the above case, I would think CEP is usually 1-2 grades higher than current rank/grade. Of course, CEP will be reviewed for higher grade in due course.

jrbearus 19-03-2017 04:12 PM

Merit increment is a function of performance grade and CEP. This means the quantum varies. In any case for MX11, assuming the performance grade and CEP remain constant, the increment will also vary from the first third to second third to third third portion of the pay scale. The quantum is higher for the first part and lowest at the last part.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 95764)
hi all,

i got promoted last year to mx11, this year i got a C (which i assume its the default c), may i know howmuch i will be getting for my merit increment? some says $250, some says $280 some says $320