Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   ITE Polytechnic Scheme (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/8740-institute-technical-education-polytechnic-scheme.html)

Unregistered 04-05-2023 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winwin (Post 247665)
Thanks for your comments. Yeah have some 4-5 yr of experience and family of 3. Agree that it will be stable once cross past the contract phase. Had to take a 5% pay cut on joining Poly.
Btw, what are additional benefits of poly , like corporate pass , memberships etc? I didn’t get to ask this with HR so not really sure. But heard that stat board has certain additional benefits.

for 5 YOE and taking a 5% cut from annual compensation isnt too bad i think...it should catch up within 2-3 years? dont forget stat board got higher bonuses too

there should be some corporate pass and discounts, but they wont be fantastic too haha

winwin 05-05-2023 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 247666)
for 5 YOE and taking a 5% cut from annual compensation isnt too bad i think...it should catch up within 2-3 years? dont forget stat board got higher bonuses too

there should be some corporate pass and discounts, but they wont be fantastic too haha

Thank you. May I ask if you are also a lecturer at Poly ? How is the progression in poly like? I have good passion for teaching.

Unregistered 06-05-2023 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winwin (Post 247740)
Thank you. May I ask if you are also a lecturer at Poly ? How is the progression in poly like? I have good passion for teaching.

Hahaha, everybody says they have passion for teaching till they meet the students. Anyway the progression sucks. You are stuck at your grade throughout till you quit

Unregistered 06-05-2023 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 247786)
Hahaha, everybody says they have passion for teaching till they meet the students. Anyway the progression sucks. You are stuck at your grade throughout till you quit

Able to elaborate on the progression? Thank you! :)

Unregistered 11-05-2023 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 247786)

I certainly agreed to ".. everybody says they have passion for teaching till they meet the students ... ". If you have passion for teaching, go teach elsewhere...

winwin 22-05-2023 07:35 PM

Hi All,
May I check with the Poly lecturers here, if it’s possible to hold an appointment of being visiting lecturer in some overseas institutions while serving as Polytechnic lecturer in Singapore ? I saw on LinkedIn that some poly lecturers hold such visiting lecturers roles outside too. Could anyone shed some light on this aspect? Thank you

Unregistered 26-05-2023 09:49 AM

IPS 5 Non-Teaching Staff-5k salary

Hello i have around 5 years working in a Poly-but not teaching lah.

Is 5k a good pay for IPS 5? or normal? C is only 1.75 mth bonus

Very different from teaching i see

Unregistered 31-05-2023 04:04 PM

Question on Offer

I got offered IPS 7 as an executive (non teaching position). Have about 10 years experience. If the ceiling is 7,480, anybody knows roughly how long it takes to reach the next paygrade? don't want to join and hit the ceiling in 3 years.

Unregistered 01-06-2023 07:15 PM

Entry IPS with Masters degree

Hi all, apologies to intercept without a link to the previous context.

Just wanted to find out, I heard from a friend that if I were to apply as a lecturer with a bachelor degree, I will most likely be pegged at IPS7.

Likewise, if I were to apply as a masters degree holder (awarded by MOE recognised university), there is a high chance that I will be offered IPS8.

I have about 10 years of relevant work experience in the area of teaching that I will be applying into.

My friend told me, like how some of you highlighted, that it is pretty important to enter at IPS8 as the minimum duration stucked in that grade is about 8 to 10 years for most people.

Can anyone here help to validate this claim?

Unregistered 09-06-2023 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 249336)
Hi all, apologies to intercept without a link to the previous context.

Just wanted to find out, I heard from a friend that if I were to apply as a lecturer with a bachelor degree, I will most likely be pegged at IPS7.

Likewise, if I were to apply as a masters degree holder (awarded by MOE recognised university), there is a high chance that I will be offered IPS8.

I have about 10 years of relevant work experience in the area of teaching that I will be applying into.

My friend told me, like how some of you highlighted, that it is pretty important to enter at IPS8 as the minimum duration stucked in that grade is about 8 to 10 years for most people.

Can anyone here help to validate this claim?

You are lucky to be as 7, I am hired as Pax 5 awhich is now IPS5 about a decade ago.
Have 12 years experience double degrees from overseas. Stuck at ceiling for 10 years, any masters or PhD grad joins immediately higher than me And 15 years younger. It's up to u of course the work is not as stressed as the outside industry. Just lecturing the same stuffs is easy. But be prepared to have stagnant salary and pay cut like me 25%.
Salary increment is zero for me even though I get C+ everytime too even though outside I am A grader.
Office politics and favoritism are everywhere. At the expense of mental health maybe it's worth it in the long run.

Salary has been 5k plus for years.
U can strive when young but am already close to 50 And only IPS6.