Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Really that bad for engineers? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/866-really-bad-engineers.html)

poor and stupid 12-11-2012 11:01 AM

I got classmates who are MScE and get >$1k less than female MOE teachers.

Not bad enuff?

Aiya but to be fair, one of my clsmate math teacher also get 600lesser than her.

Good job! NS

permutare 15-11-2012 08:19 PM

hey, i just got a job offer as a QC Tech in an Aeronautical coy.
i've googled it alot and found the term QC important in the production/engineering line...
but i've never really gotten a clear insight by those already in the industry..

as a fresh diploma graduate, what are the prospects in this industry as QC/QA? i would really like to know more..

Unregistered 20-11-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 29962)
My brother told me that engineers are technicians who made it to university?

he is only partially rite .... engineers are technicians who made it to university & then go back to being technician

Unregistered 20-11-2012 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 30677)
he is only partially rite .... engineers are technicians who made it to university & then go back to being technician

Haha good one.

cslee 21-11-2012 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 30677)

That's provided the person lacks critical thinking and problem-solving skills. An engineer is someone who can think innovatively to solve real problems. A technician is an assistant who carry out the plans laid down by the engineer.

I've great respect for great engineers because they are the ones who make our lives better. :)

Unregistered 21-11-2012 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cslee (Post 30697)
That's provided the person lacks critical thinking and problem-solving skills. An engineer is someone who can think innovatively to solve real problems. A technician is an assistant who carry out the plans laid down by the engineer.

I've great respect for great engineers because they are the ones who make our lives better. :)

thank you for the appreciation note. maybe you can help lobby for us to get higher pay!!! seriously, 10 year experience engineer can get only 4k p.m and no bonuses.

poor and stupid 21-11-2012 02:24 PM

Come on la, engineer makes our lives better????

Really?!?!
ok, in the past yes! but now....

Really?!?!?! Seriously?!?!?!

Who "engineer" here want to comment on what achievement he made?

I pirate stuffs every month so cheapos can have cheap stuff...

Trust me i am an "engineer".... My pay is so low, I cant call the plumber... I "re-engineer" my path to the toliet (coffeeshop)

Unregistered 21-11-2012 03:13 PM

Cut this nonsense lah Patrick Seah a.k.a Miwashi from NEA a.k.a "poor and stupid" the engineer.

You have long been exposed when you went about bitching non-stop about NEA last time as Miwashi. Told you to stop doing that you don't listen until kena investigated and disciplined. Btw everyone in NEA know you were forced to resign.

I don't know where you are at now, heard from the 3ok ladies you joined a local metal mould company. Still don't want to take work seriously and posting the same nonsense this time round posing as some engineer? Don't wait until get the sack again then you happy. Be thankful that you manage to get a job so fast despite of your record.

Quote:

Originally Posted by poor and stupid (Post 30710)
Come on la, engineer makes our lives better????

Really?!?!
ok, in the past yes! but now....

Really?!?!?! Seriously?!?!?!

Who "engineer" here want to comment on what achievement he made?

I pirate stuffs every month so cheapos can have cheap stuff...

Trust me i am an "engineer".... My pay is so low, I cant call the plumber... I "re-engineer" my path to the toliet (coffeeshop)

Unregistered 22-11-2012 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 30712)
Cut this nonsense lah Patrick Seah a.k.a Miwashi from NEA a.k.a "poor and stupid" the engineer.

You have long been exposed when you went about bitching non-stop about NEA last time as Miwashi. Told you to stop doing that you don't listen until kena investigated and disciplined. Btw everyone in NEA know you were forced to resign.

I don't know where you are at now, heard from the 3ok ladies you joined a local metal mould company. Still don't want to take work seriously and posting the same nonsense this time round posing as some engineer? Don't wait until get the sack again then you happy. Be thankful that you manage to get a job so fast despite of your record.

whats the inside news, you know him in real life? is Patrick the real name for poor and stupid?

Unregistered 22-11-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cslee (Post 30697)

Then why aren't engineers paid more than bankers? Apparently the world values banking skills much more highly than engineering skills. Choose wisely.