Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Really that bad for engineers? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/866-really-bad-engineers.html)

Unregistered 07-11-2012 10:31 AM

Lousy Engineer

WTF!!!
I should have change my career now...

Unregistered 08-11-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cslee (Post 29014)
May I know if this is a typical IT pre-sale salary? Can share which IT company (or at least hint what type of IT firms like IT security firm etc)? Do pm me if these info are too sensitive.

15.5 k a month as engineer??? hahaha. don't make me laff. u know when u go zouk, u brag about being a banker with the chicks? well, how not to score with chicks at zouk. just say you are an engineer. they run far far away. trust me it has happen to me. if i say i am banker or lawyer the chicks flock. if i say engineer, the chicks walk. engineer is worse than teacher.

poor and stupid 08-11-2012 11:55 AM

Engineer is worst than taxi driver, dishwasher

Unregistered 08-11-2012 02:59 PM

My brother told me that engineers are technicians who made it to university?

Quote:

Originally Posted by poor and stupid (Post 29954)
Engineer is worst than taxi driver, dishwasher

nyp 08-11-2012 03:46 PM

University: NTU
Engineering Field: Chemical / Biomedical
Honours Type: 2nd upper

First Job (Industry): Pharma R&D

Present Job (Industry): No change
Basic Salary: $4700
AWS: 2 month
Average total yearly bonus (exclude AWS): 3 months
Total Annual income (Including allowance, OT, bonus) = close to $80000 last year
Number of job change: 0
Total working Experience (yrs): 2 years

Unregistered 08-11-2012 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 29950)
15.5 k a month as engineer??? hahaha. don't make me laff. u know when u go zouk, u brag about being a banker with the chicks? well, how not to score with chicks at zouk. just say you are an engineer. they run far far away. trust me it has happen to me. if i say i am banker or lawyer the chicks flock. if i say engineer, the chicks walk. engineer is worse than teacher.

so they are just being shallow minded. there are indeed engineers making 15K a month.

poor and stupid 09-11-2012 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 29973)
so they are just being shallow minded. there are indeed engineers making 15K a month.

There are taxi drivers that make 7k or even more a month.
There are cleaners who make 11k a month
There are hawkers who make 115k or more a month (he sells puff)

The list goes on and on.....

Lets not include sales/marketing roles in engineer can? If you can sell, even $0.20 country flag eraser will make you a millionaire (and you dun even have to be a chemist to discover the rubber compound)

Unregistered 09-11-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 29973)

they are no engineers earning 15k a month unless they are PE , running their own consulting, and got lots of business. otherwise, no. I ran recruitment for engineers for years. I know.

Unregistered 09-11-2012 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 30066)
they are no engineers earning 15k a month unless they are PE , running their own consulting, and got lots of business. otherwise, no. I ran recruitment for engineers for years. I know.

15k basic salary engineer , hmmm got but few, maybe chief engineer in local GLC, M6/G1 grade?!?!? I dunno, most of them AGM/DGM/GM I heard of is M5/M6/G1 grade only....

But these guys will have like over 20-30 years of exp....

maybe oil and gas those very senior engineer, over 20years exp can got this amount!!!

Unregistered 09-11-2012 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 30076)
15k basic salary engineer , hmmm got but few, maybe chief engineer in local GLC, M6/G1 grade?!?!? I dunno, most of them AGM/DGM/GM I heard of is M5/M6/G1 grade only....

But these guys will have like over 20-30 years of exp....

maybe oil and gas those very senior engineer, over 20years exp can got this amount!!!

G1 grade is >25k, M6 is 18-25k