Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   How much are you earning per annum? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/831-how-much-you-earning-per-annum.html)

Unregistered 13-11-2011 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 17995)
getting into top banks are the best right now, just graduated and already will be paid 5.2k pm, cant wait to start work soon..

Yup.. You can't wait to start work... and then get retrench next month.. Just you wait.... Muwhahahah...

Unregistered 13-11-2011 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 18012)
Yup.. You can't wait to start work... and then get retrench next month.. Just you wait.... Muwhahahah...

People who earn that much are usually in the MA program or some sort of high flier, I highly doubt they would be the first choice to get retrenched lol.

Unregistered 13-11-2011 03:51 PM

5.7k too low to get chop. Unlikely to get chop. But then you never know the politics. Sometimes you get chop for being in the wrong camp, wrong nationality, etc. It used to be that Singaporeans get chop first. Now anti-FT, so some companies chop FT first. Sometimes getting chop is also luck or bad luck. I know two persons got hired and then fired by Lehman before even joining them and then get a 1-yr retrenchment pay without working a single day. One found a job very soon after and another jobless for a year. Pray hard.

Unregistered 13-11-2011 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 18016)
5.7k too low to get chop. Unlikely to get chop. But then you never know the politics. Sometimes you get chop for being in the wrong camp, wrong nationality, etc. It used to be that Singaporeans get chop first. Now anti-FT, so some companies chop FT first. Sometimes getting chop is also luck or bad luck. I know two persons got hired and then fired by Lehman before even joining them and then get a 1-yr retrenchment pay without working a single day. One found a job very soon after and another jobless for a year. Pray hard.

Luck is everything.

Bean 13-11-2011 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 18016)

i already been working 4 years as an engineer(now is senior engineer) since grad from university.

I estimate I need 10 more years (with 2 more promotion needed) to hit 5.7K if I am supposed to continue serving this company!!!!

5.7k after 14 years as an engineer.....well pay sux:(:mad:

Unregistered 13-11-2011 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bean (Post 18031)
i already been working 4 years as an engineer(now is senior engineer) since grad from university.

I estimate I need 10 more years (with 2 more promotion needed) to hit 5.7K if I am supposed to continue serving this company!!!!

5.7k after 14 years as an engineer.....well pay sux:(:mad:

Wait a minute. That can't be right. But if it so, I'm sorry to hear that. The future for engineers could be quite uncertain as Singapore is increasing pricing itself out to places such as China. A number of my engineering classmates are permanently out of job after more than 10 years of working. Luckily I made the switch to finance. Keep evolving and make yourself more valuable.

Unregistered 14-11-2011 12:00 AM

Im 32 and working in IT for 8 years getting a miserably 3k in a sme, starting when I was fresh was only 1.5. Looking at the fact that most at this age are getting 8 to 15k per mth really slaps myself into reality. Never did I expect IT can fegtch so much money with the influx of FT in the IT industry. I know I'm underpaid but never expect it to be this much

Unregistered 14-11-2011 10:51 AM

5.2k pm is a very weird number. MA programs are between 3.5-4.5k.

Investment bank grad programs are between 8-10k.

5.2k is weird, what role is that? Maybe treasury role..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 18014)
People who earn that much are usually in the MA program or some sort of high flier, I highly doubt they would be the first choice to get retrenched lol.

Unregistered 14-11-2011 05:57 PM

I have a business deg, and in a manufacturing company, doing procurement
Avg 6.5 gross p.m

Am worried if I will be able to command similiar or higher if I hop to another co.
thinking of moving to chemicals/aviation co where the bonus should be higher.

Any advice on procurement functions doing well in what fields?

Unregistered 14-11-2011 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 17836)
There is no need to live humbly if one has the means. Money after all is meant to be spent within this lifetime and not carried to the grave.

Why must bankers be perceived to live beyond their means?

Could they be living within their means, but beyond the means of the perceivers?

Totally agree.