Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   How is life as a doctor in Singapore? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/793-how-life-doctor-singapore.html)

Unregistered 23-11-2022 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235516)
HO here. Don't see many posts on this. Any thoughts on the preventive medicine residency? Or doing occupational medicine? How will this make me any different from someone with a nonmedical degree getting an MPH? Thank you all.

Non medical degree getting mph usually is a waste of money
Medical grad with mph also useless. U need to complete entire public health residency
Then moh will pay u ac pay.
It is the ac pay that is gd

Write papers, do policy work, but baseline most impt is the ac pay.

Unregistered 24-11-2022 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyingbaby2022 (Post 235508)
are you a yllsom student? please dm me.

easier to ask someone from yll directly if you have personal friends. there's many resources available, but some are pretty sensitive, no one will randomly send to a stranger online. easier to ask a friend.

Unregistered 24-11-2022 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235577)
Non medical degree getting mph usually is a waste of money
Medical grad with mph also useless. U need to complete entire public health residency
Then moh will pay u ac pay.
It is the ac pay that is gd

Write papers, do policy work, but baseline most impt is the ac pay.

How much is AC pay?

flyingbaby2022 24-11-2022 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235580)
easier to ask someone from yll directly if you have personal friends. there's many resources available, but some are pretty sensitive, no one will randomly send to a stranger online. easier to ask a friend.

Thanks (making it 10 characters )

Unregistered 24-11-2022 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235206)
General or specific to your institution? the 68% one?

Ballpark figures for those retaking % this year?

Is there any value in the mmed fm prep course and bridging course, given the abysmal pass rate? (Or is it really just down to one's luck, nerves and aptitude?)

Unregistered 24-11-2022 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235674)
Is there any value in the mmed fm prep course and bridging course, given the abysmal pass rate? (Or is it really just down to one's luck, nerves and aptitude?)

Yes important.

Medical exams is very much about "group think'
Do what everyone else does.
Dont be different. Be like same as everyone.
Dont stand out.
Unless you aiming to be top candidate.

In real life though if you want to succeed have to stand out.
Its a restrictive profession that makes smart people turn into dumb followers
I

Unregistered 25-11-2022 05:44 AM

Slightly strange question to ask, is it common or wierd to seek medical treatment at the workplace you are working?
I work in ops, I have a chronic condition that's needs treatment based on screening that I done outside. Not sure if it is wise to seek treatment at my ops, or even ops from my cluster given that I am working there.

Is it common for doctors to seek treatment from their own department they working in?

Unregistered 25-11-2022 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235702)
Slightly strange question to ask, is it common or wierd to seek medical treatment at the workplace you are working?
I work in ops, I have a chronic condition that's needs treatment based on screening that I done outside. Not sure if it is wise to seek treatment at my ops, or even ops from my cluster given that I am working there.

Is it common for doctors to seek treatment from their own department they working in?

If it is an ops condition should be okie lah.

Everybody will have some eczema or Htn or dm or hld
Not like cancer or tadalafil resistant erectile dysfunction or something confidential.

Unregistered 28-11-2022 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235580)

i thought s/he graduated from abroad and hence sitting for final year medical exam locally. therefore, no contacts and asking for help here.

Unregistered 28-11-2022 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235702)

like the other poster have said, if common conditions, then seek treatment locally. if sensitive conditions, you are better off elsewhere to not strain your relationship with others within the team