Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   How is life as a doctor in Singapore? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/793-how-life-doctor-singapore.html)

Unregistered 29-06-2022 01:55 AM

How many people join residency nowadays? Whats the point when Being a GP/locum earns you so much more?

Unregistered 30-06-2022 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223755)
How many people join residency nowadays? Whats the point when Being a GP/locum earns you so much more?

Dk why the same question keeps getting asked.
Scroll back the pages to read the answers.

Unregistered 30-06-2022 09:53 PM

Not sure of this is the right thread to ask, but does anyone know if it is easy to get gp/FM training jobs overseas in English speaking countries like UK, Canada, USA, Australia, new Zealand.

I am thinking of going overseas to practice for a while and potentially migrate there for good. I understand that I will have to redo all training and the pay likely not as good as Singapore. But I am just bored of Singapore and it's healthcare tbh.

(Background: I studied in UK but left after FY1 back in 2016)

Unregistered 01-07-2022 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 224004)
Not sure of this is the right thread to ask, but does anyone know if it is easy to get gp/FM training jobs overseas in English speaking countries like UK, Canada, USA, Australia, new Zealand.

I am thinking of going overseas to practice for a while and potentially migrate there for good. I understand that I will have to redo all training and the pay likely not as good as Singapore. But I am just bored of Singapore and it's healthcare tbh.

Search within this thread. I think someone shared their experience doing this. It's around current page minus 100. Good luck

Unregistered 01-07-2022 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 224032)
Search within this thread. I think someone shared their experience doing this. It's around current page minus 100. Good luck

Sorry it is current page minus 315

Unregistered 01-07-2022 07:22 AM

Quote:

USA / Canada u need to sit USMLE lei.
u finish fy1 can go Australia , NZ or back to UK.

UK training always a bit difficult to get in and pay not v good la since most gp hire by NHS. barely hit 80k pound Vs ur living cost.
try NZ or auzzie.

Unregistered 01-07-2022 07:12 PM

Why would you be a quitter and not contribute to your home country!!

Unregistered 01-07-2022 07:32 PM

Quote:

I am a doctor practising in the UK. do you want to drop your email or telegram here and I can fill you in more of the current situation in the uk job market.

Unregistered 01-07-2022 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 224156)
I am a doctor practising in the UK. do you want to drop your email or telegram here and I can fill you in more of the current situation in the uk job market.

Op here

Telegram: kofrules

Unregistered 03-07-2022 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 224183)
Op here

Telegram: kofrules

Again you. kofrules

Ask so many times already.

You are the no action talk only type