Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Management Consultant MBB Big4 etc etc etc (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/7719-management-consultant-mckinsey-bain-bcg-big4-etc-etc-etc.html)

killuagon 28-08-2016 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 89382)
I used to run recruiting for MBB in SEA. Yes, we do recruit locally for analyst level as best as we can. From schools like NUS (and NTU to a much smaller extent) in Singapore; Ateneo (and UPH to a much smaller extent) in the Phils; ITB (and Univ of Indonesia to a much smaller extent) in Jakarta, etc. But the yield we were getting out of this channel was typically very low. In a recruiting season, we were lucky to get 1-2 per country put of 300-500 applicants per country. And these applicants were already cherry-picked based on academic and extracurricular measures.

For US/EU graduates, the focus is about 15-20 schools. These are the usual suspects. The 8 Ivies in the US plus MIT and Stanford. The public Ivies in the US (Berkeley, Michigan, North Carolina, Virginia). Oxbridge, INSEAD, LSE, Imperial College. These are the same schools that MBB-sponsored analysts get their MBAs from.

For ANZ, we don't typically go to ANZ for recruitment because they are our neighbors and have their own needs to fulfill. I.e., we don't want to poach their candidates. But if there are candidates over there that are interested in SEA, the ANZ offices will simply refer them to us.

Hi, may I ask how much is the ballpark salary for an experienced hire with 3 yrs of experience? From what I read, it's around S$90k and bonus S$10k. Is it around there?

Unregistered 28-08-2016 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killuagon (Post 89948)
Hi, may I ask how much is the ballpark salary for an experienced hire with 3 yrs of experience? From what I read, it's around S$90k and bonus S$10k. Is it around there?

Too low.

It should be 120-150k, bonus 40k +/-

Sam Adams 29-08-2016 07:40 AM

Experienced hire from consulting or career changer? If the latter, you could start out at entry level and the comp first mentioned would be right.

killuagon 29-08-2016 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Adams (Post 89954)
Experienced hire from consulting or career changer? If the latter, you could start out at entry level and the comp first mentioned would be right.

Hi Sam, it's a career change from Corporate Finance at a MNC. I will be taking a pay cut to all-in of S$100k. But I guess the consulting experience will be invaluable.

Unregistered 29-08-2016 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killuagon (Post 89959)
Hi Sam, it's a career change from Corporate Finance at a MNC. I will be taking a pay cut to all-in of S$100k. But I guess the consulting experience will be invaluable.

how many years of working experience do you have?

killuagon 29-08-2016 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 89961)
how many years of working experience do you have?

3 years 2 mths

Unregistered 29-08-2016 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killuagon (Post 89959)

Which management consulting firm is this? How come their offer is so ridiculously low? And you even bother to entertain them...

What do they offer besides the prestige and 'valuable' experience of being a consultant?

Unregistered 29-08-2016 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 89382)
For US/EU graduates, the focus is about 15-20 schools. These are the usual suspects. The 8 Ivies in the US plus MIT and Stanford. The public Ivies in the US (Berkeley, Michigan, North Carolina, Virginia).

I think you forgot two schools in that league man - Duke University and University of Chicago.

Unregistered 29-08-2016 05:20 PM

So is the offer from MBB or Big4?

These 2 groups are heaven and earth, you need to be more specific. Nobody lumps them together as etc.

If it's MBB pay cut might be worth it, but personally I won't take up. If it's Big 4, I will just tell them to get lost honestly.

Unregistered 29-08-2016 06:11 PM

Don't be so delusional. Ivy League or not. 3 years experience is not going to command mid 100k salaries. This is only reserved for the cream of the crop that get into the pure play strategy consultancies. And this is if you are exceptional.

100 all in sounds average at best.

This is my advice. Don't let others make you look like a fool in the market with strongly misguided information.