Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Management Consultant MBB Big4 etc etc etc (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/7719-management-consultant-mckinsey-bain-bcg-big4-etc-etc-etc.html)

Unregistered 06-03-2022 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206431)
Their strategy analyst is also joke one la. 5k+ only and the ppl there are meh just go linkedin see the calibre

Matter of fact, just look at acn’s clients, many are big clients. Maybe their presence is smaller in sg, but in US no joke mate. Acn even handles projects from the federal. It also has the most followers on LinkedIn for any consulting firms.

Unregistered 06-03-2022 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206466)
got offered pwc deals strategy. anyone got any insights on this department? much appreciated.

So this is under PwC or Strategy&?

As the name suggests, it’s all focused on deals and M&A lo. If you’re looking to go into strategy consulting or mgmt consulting, I doubt it’s as useful due to the huge focus on deals. If you notice, their intake are rather small too and promotion requires some time.

But what do you feel about this offer though since you applied and been thru the interviews. If you’re cool with it, then just accept it.

Unregistered 06-03-2022 01:51 AM

Quote:

Their strategy analyst is also joke one la. 5k+ only and the ppl there are meh just go linkedin see the calibre

There’s not a need for a debate on this as everyone has different perception as to which is good and which isn’t. Most importantly in any company, it boils down to you as an individual and how far you progress. If you can’t perform and you’re stuck at your level, you never get promoted, let alone say jump ship to better companies with better pay. Yes MBB is where aspiring consultants wanna end up, not sure if it’s the case for McK and Bain, but for BCG, all consultants there know there’s this thing “you either go up or go out”. If you can’t get promoted, you’re technically “fired”. So again, this boils down to you as an individual.

Unregistered 06-03-2022 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206434)
how is ey tech consulting?

How much they paying? 3k?

Suggest you to pick better offers…

Unregistered 06-03-2022 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206469)
In all honesty, to get into MBB the key is your degree (MBA tend to stand a higher chance, just have a look majority have MBA) and to excel in the case interviews (this is key cos even if you have the perfect resume and experience, your case interview isn’t that great, you’re out). As for experience, it will be great if you have similar consulting experience, regardless if it’s tier 2 or 3 as long as it’s a name majority heard of before, you should be fine. I know someone in BCG and she was sharing previously that there are consultants who were doctors or lawyers, engineers even who didn’t have past consulting experience but still got into the MBB. The key is your strength as an individual and your case interviews.

Nicely summarise, couldn’t agree more.

Unregistered 06-03-2022 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206385)
LOL acn employees justifying their own existence.

Have fun doing change management and pmo pretending that’s real consulting

No point arguing with you on this. But well if acn is as “bad” as what you say, then let me ask you, why would MBB even hire past acn employees?

Just do a simple search on LinkedIn and you can see several past acn consultants who are now consultants or even partners in McK, BCG and Bain.

I doubt you’re even hired by any big 4 consulting.

Unregistered 06-03-2022 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206387)
The intake is very small, as you can imagine the demand for strategy and the length of work dictates that there is not as much demand for staff. They might not even hire every year. The pay for the general acn analyst vs strategy is somewhere around 4.9 vs 6k+

My own observation is that non mbb firms (especially acn strategy and the big 4 strategy arms like monitor) also have a hard time beating out mbb for strategy engagements and often have to lower fees a lot, u can imagine how that impacts everything else

Thanks for sharing on this. I believe everyone here are just trying to understand more and share as much or clear their doubts.

So to the other posters, there’s not a need to be rude…

Unregistered 06-03-2022 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206386)
acn tier 2? since when?

just bcus they pay slightly more than b4 to attract “talent” to their sweat shop? rofl

Lol this shows you can’t even do a simple google search. Pls dude just simply search consulting tier and the top results shows acn under tier 2, not just one but several sources.

So if they can afford to pay more than big 4, this alr proves their ability, and as you said to attract talent. Those who go to big 4 are just acn and other consulting companies’ rejects.

Unregistered 06-03-2022 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206466)
got offered pwc deals strategy. anyone got any insights on this department? much appreciated.

Deals is not ideal, but some firms have a lot of due d projects. But I would suggest you to consider other offers from other firms if you have

Unregistered 06-03-2022 02:05 AM

Quote:

Can you even make it in lol say so much.

50+ billion dollar revenue lol

oh right i forgot, sinkies here pwn each other