Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Management Consultant MBB Big4 etc etc etc (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/7719-management-consultant-mckinsey-bain-bcg-big4-etc-etc-etc.html)

Unregistered 04-11-2019 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killuagon (Post 90019)
Hey guys, apologies for e confusion. I graduated top of my cohort and was admitted into the MA programme, final posting is in Corporate Finance.

I'm still in the midst of interviewing with MBBs. Have not received any offers from any one of them at this point.

I'm just saying that I saw online that the entry level consultants are getting 90k as base with 10k as bonus. I did not say that was the offer. Apologies for the confusion.

I'm just wondering what a junior consultant with 3 yrs of Corp Finance experience should be getting. But from the postings above, I presume its around the ballpark of 120k-150k depending on the interview performance.

Apart from the MBBs, I'm also interviewing with a couple of other investment firms. I said it was a paycut because I thought the all-in salary would be S$100k but obviously I am wrong.

Right now, I'm just trying my best to measure the value of the exposure and experience in consulting, because I know that if I base it purely on salary alone, the choice is clear.

not sure where you went in the end.. or whether u are happy with your decision. would be cool if you could share.. 3 years on. :)

Unregistered 19-10-2020 02:28 PM

Any changes for consulting industry as a whole due to covid? Employment or salary eg

Unregistered 05-09-2021 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147613)
Any changes for consulting industry as a whole due to covid? Employment or salary eg

interested in this as well. is MBB consulting still a lucrative career since covid?

Unregistered 05-09-2021 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 182139)
interested in this as well. is MBB consulting still a lucrative career since covid?

pros: dont need to travel as much
cons: no more miles

chickpig 05-09-2021 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 182139)

Consulting industry is doing well. Actively hiring and bonuses are up.

Unregistered 05-09-2021 06:15 PM

I was offered a Senior Consultant role in EY for financial services and they said for this role, $6k is limit.

$6k gross… lol.
I’m from tech/finance background with 6 years under my belt. Last title is also Senior Consultant in a smaller tech firm.
Is this the norm? I feel like I’ve been lowballed. Lots tell me I should take pay cut because of name. I refused.

I chose a tech startup instead, now gross $8k before bonus + stock options

Unregistered 05-09-2021 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 182160)
I was offered a Senior Consultant role in EY for financial services and they said for this role, $6k is limit.

$6k gross… lol.
I’m from tech/finance background with 6 years under my belt. Last title is also Senior Consultant in a smaller tech firm.
Is this the norm? I feel like I’ve been lowballed. Lots tell me I should take pay cut because of name. I refused.

Not sure, but if that’s what HR told you, it’s probably true. There are “salary bands” within the B4 in general so they can’t freely negotiate.

Your startup is some no name company? It’s a gamble if it doesn’t work out right?

Unregistered 05-09-2021 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 182165)
Not sure, but if that’s what HR told you, it’s probably true. There are “salary bands” within the B4 in general so they can’t freely negotiate.

Your startup is some no name company? It’s a gamble if it doesn’t work out right?

Quite big name and associated to a SG big brand name also, hence I felt the stability is not unpredictable.. making moves into big tech from here, is my plan so far.

About B4 salaries — I see, thanks for sharing. I had a few offers on my plate at that point and also approaching family planning phase in short term, hence didn’t think it would be a good choice for me and future baby we are planning for. Heard hours can be gruelling too.

Unregistered 05-09-2021 08:49 PM

Quote:

$6k gross… lol.

Big 4 consulting is on a completely different level from MBB. It is obvious from the fees charged to clients, which is also reflected in the salaries of the consultants.

Try the tier 2 (OW, Kearney) if not MBB, they would offer much more competitive packages.

chickpig 05-09-2021 09:39 PM

Quote:

$6k gross… lol.

It could be the norm if yours is not strategy consulting, i.e. not EY-Parthenon. EY-Parthenon senior consultants would be more than that.