Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Lawyer Salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/771-lawyer-salary.html)

Unregistered 10-06-2020 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 137612)
10pm? Really? You call that bad?

Lmao I'd kill for a 10pm job

Same lmao ending at 10pm is a pretty average day for me.

The two points at which I would say it is considered really bad is: (1) You're not getting sufficient sleep on a regular basis or (2) you have to work more than 10 hours on the weekend.

Unregistered 10-06-2020 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 137614)
Same lmao ending at 10pm is a pretty average day for me.

The two points at which I would say it is considered really bad is: (1) You're not getting sufficient sleep on a regular basis or (2) you have to work more than 10 hours on the weekend.

Is this about the MBFC Tower 1 firm or firms in general?

Unregistered 10-06-2020 04:22 PM

For those of you looking for jobs, it is likely that partners are more prudent in hiring even if the firm isn’t on a hiring freeze. It is unlikely that you will be employed through a zoom interview. Let’s hope for phase 3 to come quickly so people can get back into office and partners will be more willing to conduct interviews in person.

Unregistered 10-06-2020 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 137616)
For those of you looking for jobs, it is likely that partners are more prudent in hiring even if the firm isn’t on a hiring freeze. It is unlikely that you will be employed through a zoom interview. Let’s hope for phase 3 to come quickly so people can get back into office and partners will be more willing to conduct interviews in person.

But I thought the law firms usually boast about how they are willing to embrace technology?

Unregistered 10-06-2020 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 137618)
But I thought the law firms usually boast about how they are willing to embrace technology?

"Siti ah can you help set up joom for me not later got interview ok thx"

Unregistered 10-06-2020 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 137608)
are there any male lawyers here who pay for sex to cope with the stress?

Stop offering your services here (joke btw)

Unregistered 10-06-2020 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 137600)
please share more - I am rather desperate in this climate - how bad is bad.

Apparently there are glassdoor reviews if you search the MBFC T1 firm sg office

Unregistered 10-06-2020 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 137600)
please share more - I am rather desperate in this climate - how bad is bad.

I posted about the Baker vacancy earlier.

If you wanna take on the verbal insults you will get on a daily basis, toxic environment where colleagues don't really help you and almost criminal work hours. Then yea, the 7k salary is pretty worth it

There's been a rash of associate turnovers recently because of the working environment.

Unregistered 10-06-2020 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 137612)
10pm? Really? You call that bad?

Lmao I'd kill for a 10pm job

There are a select few at certain departments of magic circle and white shoe firms in singapore office who get North of 14k at 2y pie (sg scale) and end work before covid times at around 7-9pm.

Unregistered 10-06-2020 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 137622)
I posted about the Baker vacancy earlier.

If you wanna take on the verbal insults you will get on a daily basis, toxic environment where colleagues don't really help you and almost criminal work hours. Then yea, the 7k salary is pretty worth it

There's been a rash of associate turnovers recently because of the working environment.

Depends also lah. If you are 0 to 85th percentile of law batch, to get an opportunity there is alr v good. That's the only way to get BM. If you between 85th and 100% percentile, then of course should aim for the real International firms (ie no JV except for CC)