Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Lawyer Salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/771-lawyer-salary.html)

Unregistered 10-12-2023 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 262748)
The SILE person (I think his name is David) got say that we need to pass all sections (each of the 26 subjects) during the townhall

r u serious? i messed up quite a few questions for last tues's civ pro - was hoping paper 2 on wed could pull me back to good stead

Unregistered 10-12-2023 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 262777)
r u serious? i messed up quite a few questions for last tues's civ pro - was hoping paper 2 on wed could pull me back to good stead

I recorded the session and I just checked again. The director said it, but he was cutoff by further questions.

By the way see Clause 5.3 of the course handbook “
Candidates are expected to be able to answer virtually all questions testing foundational
knowledge and at least a majority of questions testing deeper knowledge.”

Unregistered 10-12-2023 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 262779)
I recorded the session and I just checked again. The director said it, but he was cutoff by further questions.

Candidates are expected to be able to answer virtually all questions testing foundational

What did the director say before he was cutoff? Could you explain more? Thanks!

Unregistered 10-12-2023 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 262779)

fair enough. i had an idea that standards were higher this year, because we have 2 rounds of supp papers in 2024, one at mid-year, one at end-year. so i think they're preparing in case a
number don't make the cut, i guess?

Unregistered 11-12-2023 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 262788)
fair enough. i had an idea that standards were higher this year, because we have 2 rounds of supp papers in 2024, one at mid-year, one at end-year. so i think they're preparing in case a
number don't make the cut, i guess?

what are you talking about, there were always 2 supp papers. and my recording of the town hall doesnt have anything about needing to pass all sections?

Unregistered 11-12-2023 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 262793)
what are you talking about, there were always 2 supp papers. and my recording of the town hall doesnt have anything about needing to pass all sections?

SILE must come clean!!

Unregistered 11-12-2023 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 262607)
Any advice on working at Kelvin chia partnership? Shocking that they only offer trainees a 1k honorarium!

Things like these exemplify the regressive & exploitative nature of the legal profession. Law TC pay has not increased in the past 2 decades.

Trainees and juniors are constantly gaslit with tripe about how this is an honourable profession and its a privilege to practice law and we should all suck it up. Which is clearly an excuse for the partners to pay peanuts while squeezing the most out of their employees to fund their condos, landed houses and cars.

Unregistered 11-12-2023 01:52 AM

How difficult r the sup exams for past years?

Unregistered 11-12-2023 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 262797)
How difficult r the sup exams for past years?

does it matter? you're coming back in april either way

Unregistered 11-12-2023 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 262793)

Sorry, I didn’t know that. I thought it was 1 supp paper and max 2 mods last time.