Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Lawyer Salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/771-lawyer-salary.html)

Unregistered 07-12-2023 10:03 PM

whats denton’s corp department like?

Unregistered 08-12-2023 12:07 PM

What is the passing mark for part b like? Is it possible to miss out an entire part of a question (left blank) and still pass? (assuming the question left blank is around 5% of the marks for the module). Thanks in advance!

Unregistered 08-12-2023 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 262530)
whats denton’s corp department like?

Just…don’t

Unregistered 08-12-2023 06:48 PM

Any advice on working at Kelvin chia partnership? Shocking that they only offer trainees a 1k honorarium!

Unregistered 08-12-2023 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 262566)
What is the passing mark for part b like? Is it possible to miss out an entire part of a question (left blank) and still pass? (assuming the question left blank is around 5% of the marks for the module). Thanks in advance!

Depends on the paper - some papers like crim etc require that you pass all sections, some like corp require just an overall pass.

But I would say even for those papers that say you need to pass all sections --> I also skipped a question or two without issue (although my other parts were done quite well).

You're still counted in the easier Part B batch so no need to worry.

Unregistered 08-12-2023 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 262609)
Depends on the paper - some papers like crim etc require that you pass all sections, some like corp require just an overall pass.

But I would say even for those papers that say you need to pass all sections --> I also skipped a question or two without issue (although my other parts were done quite well).

You're still counted in the easier Part B batch so no need to worry.

Thanks for the reply. Do you recall if the questions you skipped were substantial? Or were they only worth 1-2 marks? Thanks!

Unregistered 09-12-2023 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 262618)
Thanks for the reply. Do you recall if the questions you skipped were substantial? Or were they only worth 1-2 marks? Thanks!

Didn’t write my statement of particulars in full for fam. 3-4 paras? Still passed tho.

Unregistered 09-12-2023 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 262566)

Which question did you leave blank? Haha

Unregistered 10-12-2023 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 262629)
Didn’t write my statement of particulars in full for fam. 3-4 paras? Still passed tho.

same here. but Fam is the only paper that doesn’t need you to pass all sections/questions, everything else needs a pass for ALL questions/sections iirc. heard a few people got called back for acp in previous year cos of failing one question only lol

Unregistered 10-12-2023 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 262697)
same here. but Fam is the only paper that doesn’t need you to pass all sections/questions, everything else needs a pass for ALL questions/sections iirc. heard a few people got called back for acp in previous year cos of failing one question only lol

For our part b batch (syllabus has been revised) there was no mention of a requirement to pass all sections/questions for any of the modules though. If there is such a requirement will they explicitly mention?