Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Lawyer Salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/771-lawyer-salary.html)

Unregistered 31-07-2020 07:48 AM

Not surprising CY lost his case, he is after all a Warwick degree miller (just ranked a little higher than KCL) vs NUS superstar IR.

Unregistered 31-07-2020 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143004)
Not surprising CY lost his case, he is after all a Warwick degree miller (just ranked a little higher than KCL) vs NUS superstar IR.

Correct. NUS > all other schools. People are just envious we are more fortunate. Can’t wait to see CY get defeated miserably.

Unregistered 31-07-2020 09:38 AM

No one can beat NUS rockstars - best school in the galaxy

Unregistered 31-07-2020 10:45 AM

How much does SUSS pay a lecturer of law? heard from a senior that her batchmate left an intl firm for SUSS so the pay at the latter should be pretty good?

Unregistered 31-07-2020 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142990)
Just saw on CY insta that he got served with the writ. Pretty sure he's gonna lose this big time.
No alleged victims are likely to step up to testify for him. Why would they? If the rumours are true they're from our poorer neighbours around the region. Who would want to come all the way to Singapore to take down some random lawyer involved in a spat with a wannabe opposition candidate?

Anyway to be blunt, some of these poor countries where these alleged victims hail from are not the most progressive when it comes to womens rights anyway. Sexual harassment and assault is probably a fact of life there. Only in Singapore do we give so much dam n about all these meetoo patriarchy crap

This CY character has vindicated this forum's longheld presupposition that foreign law degrees are inferior to local NUS/SMU degrees. In fact we should invite the government to expand CECA to include ceca lawyers to wipe out the feeding grounds of UK degree millers like CY once and for all.

Unregistered 31-07-2020 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143013)
This CY character has vindicated this forum's longheld presupposition that foreign law degrees are inferior to local NUS/SMU degrees. In fact we should invite the government to expand CECA to include ceca lawyers to wipe out the feeding grounds of UK degree millers like CY once and for all.

Local SMU degrees? Lol what?

Unregistered 31-07-2020 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143025)
Local SMU degrees? Lol what?

SMU is inferior to all schools

Unregistered 31-07-2020 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143013)

QFT. All the jobless KCL grads trying to hate on local grads because no one is returning your calls during CB.

Unregistered 31-07-2020 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143031)
QFT. All the jobless KCL grads trying to hate on local grads because no one is returning your calls during CB.

Definitely. We should petition to all employers not to hire any degree millers. Just because you try to work longer hours and kiss ass doesn’t mean that you are in any way smarter and more capable than us. I spit on all of you.

Unregistered 31-07-2020 02:22 PM

Pritam is testament to KCL's prowess. And SMU JD

Unregistered 31-07-2020 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143034)
Pritam is testament to KCL's prowess. And SMU JD

He came from Normal Stream. Explains why he had to go to a degree mill for undergrad and this is (arguably) why he is from the opposition.

Unregistered 31-07-2020 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143036)
He came from Normal Stream. Explains why he had to go to a degree mill for undergrad and this is (arguably) why he is from the opposition.

Plus we all know SMU JD is fairly I nferior as compared to their LLB program. Any Tom or Harry can go in please. I know plenty of English literature grads from some Aussie uni or that sort of grads who went to SMU JD programme.

Unregistered 31-07-2020 02:30 PM

No it is prestigious. Anyway I'm from Cambridge and a 2.1 is better than NUS first class

Unregistered 31-07-2020 02:35 PM

Cam is better than local schools. I spit on you

Unregistered 31-07-2020 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143039)
Cam is better than local schools. I spit on you

Are you daft? It is a well known fact that many NUS law grads are qualified for Oxbridge but they chose to stay in local schools because many of us came from humble and make pragmatic decisions unlike spoilt brats like you.

I don’t even think you are from cambs in the first place because you sound too daft to even be from a degree mill.

Unregistered 31-07-2020 02:52 PM

Inferior members of society such as CY have probably felt oppressed by our meritocratic state - where people who are intelligent and capable make it to the top. Look at how many people from NUS law came from humble families. We made it purely by our capabilities.

However, there will always be groups of people like him who try to pit against us (or in this case, the PAP since we all know they are the elite group who wins every election). Too bad, this is the way of life. Haters g’na hate.

(P.S all you degree millers should stop trying to outwit us. Know where you stand, bois.)

Unregistered 31-07-2020 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143041)
Inferior members of society such as CY have probably felt oppressed by our meritocratic state - where people who are intelligent and capable make it to the top. Look at how many people from NUS law came from humble families. We made it purely by our capabilities.

However, there will always be groups of people like him who try to pit against us (or in this case, the PAP since we all know they are the elite group who wins every election). Too bad, this is the way of life. Haters g’na hate.

(P.S all you degree millers should stop trying to outwit us. Know where you stand, bois.)

I believe this also sufficiently explains the previous OP’s proposition that most members of the opposition party came from degree mills.

Unregistered 31-07-2020 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143040)
Are you daft? It is a well known fact that many NUS law grads are qualified for Oxbridge but they chose to stay in local schools because many of us came from humble and make pragmatic decisions unlike spoilt brats like you.

I don’t even think you are from cambs in the first place because you sound too daft to even be from a degree mill.

Many, like 10%? What about the 90% who don't? Anyway Cam is better I spit on you

Unregistered 31-07-2020 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143048)
Many, like 10%? What about the 90% who don't? Anyway Cam is better I spit on you

Cam is for losers, Oxford or bust. And yes we are better than the 90% of NUS

Unregistered 31-07-2020 05:32 PM

You trolls, KCL is best globally

Unregistered 31-07-2020 05:38 PM

everyone posting in this thread studied overseas only on exchange for one sem and put it in their linkedin like as though uni of botswana sibei satki

just fyi newbie these are the kind of people telling u oxon better than cantab lmao

Unregistered 31-07-2020 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143036)

QFT. PAP 万岁。 Donate money must say wife and kids.

Unregistered 31-07-2020 05:41 PM

Guys M Ravi representing CY. Lmao. Go IR

Unregistered 31-07-2020 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143052)
everyone posting in this thread studied overseas only on exchange for one sem and put it in their linkedin like as though uni of botswana sibei satki

just fyi newbie these are the kind of people telling u oxon better than cantab lmao

Apologise for my troll posts above.

Unregistered 31-07-2020 07:36 PM

Why is IR filing for a harassment complaint instead of a defamation suit? Can the alleged victims not testify in the context of a harassment complaint? Smart move by IR if that's the case.

Unregistered 31-07-2020 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143061)
Why is IR filing for a harassment complaint instead of a defamation suit? Can the alleged victims not testify in the context of a harassment complaint? Smart move by IR if that's the case.

yall dunno poha got amended meh? go google the amendment and see what its for lah

how can lawyer dunno how to use poha sia not only for harassment leh.

protip: see s 15/16

Unregistered 31-07-2020 09:41 PM

nus is great
i have no doubt that the training is rigorous
just that it much less selective than oxbridge
any secondary 4 students will be able to tell you that.

Unregistered 31-07-2020 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143063)
yall dunno poha got amended meh? go google the amendment and see what its for lah

how can lawyer dunno how to use poha sia not only for harassment leh.

protip: see s 15/16

false statements?

Also, not sure but is IR suing on tort? Please make CY poorer

Unregistered 31-07-2020 11:34 PM

honestly the dmgs not worth the trouble of going for defamation. for what low five digits only cy happily drag out all the juicy deets at trial? the legal fees cfm more than the dmgs also.

one times poha get cy to stfu can liao.

Unregistered 01-08-2020 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143072)
honestly the dmgs not worth the trouble of going for defamation. for what low five digits only cy happily drag out all the juicy deets at trial? the legal fees cfm more than the dmgs also.

one times poha get cy to stfu can liao.

Not coming from the cost benefit analysis POV but CY must pay for publicly ruining someone's career. He now says "please give evidence".

Unregistered 01-08-2020 01:32 AM

cos so far is little bird whisper in his ear ma. idk if thats a cunning strat or what but now need to call maker of the statement so chua sai lor. lawyer or not no one shud b publicly saying these kinds of things la surprised no one poh mata so far leh sme of the things he said

we will see la. think if rly got no one come forward now, the subsequent defamation suit cfm just to make cy pok gai only. if dont sue for defamation i chop kkj

Unregistered 01-08-2020 09:12 AM

I don't support CY's style of politics but you guys got to admit he keeps the ruling party accountable, brash as he may be. Imagine if people like Imran or Ivan Lim manage to get past the system and rise up to become ministers because the PAP's internal checks have failed, that would be disastrous. CY is like the shark that keeps the ocean free of sick and diseased fish.

Unregistered 01-08-2020 10:25 AM

Hi, I'm a Y3 from NUS and I need some advice regarding TCs.

I wish to practice corp and do a corp TC - however corp has been hit hard by COVID + I'm expecting 2:2 so securing a TC now will be harder.

Should I focus on a liti TC instead (I've done moots and all)? I doubt it'll be ideal to do Liti and then transit to corp practice - after all the type of work and skills needed are quite different and I'd need to learn all over again.

Or should I just keep applying for corp, seeing as markets and business confidence may recover later this year?

Appreciate any insights from corp - thanks!

Unregistered 01-08-2020 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143086)

I wish to practice corp and do a corp TC - however corp has been hit hard by COVID + I'm expecting 2:2 so securing a TC now will be harder.

Should I focus on a liti TC instead (I've done moots and all)? I doubt it'll be ideal to do Liti and then transit to corp practice - after all the type of work and skills needed are quite different and I'd need to learn all over again.

Or should I just keep applying for corp, seeing as markets and business confidence may recover later this year?

Yes. Secure liti first. 2.2 from NUS is quite tough, 2.1 usually can in normal market conditions.. I wouldn't advise that you bet on market recovery as we are quite dependent on the global outlook. It will steadily decline until a vaccine is found, regardless of whether we get local infection rate to 0 in SG.

If you can jump to liti, do liti. There is the prospect that you can ask to be retained in corp. By the time you finish part B, you may not get the TC you want

Unregistered 01-08-2020 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143086)

1. Don't let your grades stop you

2. But be realistic, liti easier to get than corp

3. Get qualified first then decide again, doesn't mean your TC liti means you liti for immediate future

4. Controversial opinion but consider conveyancing, similar to corp and may be easier to get TC for?

Unregistered 01-08-2020 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143090)
1. Don't let your grades stop you

2. But be realistic, liti easier to get than corp

3. Get qualified first then decide again, doesn't mean your TC liti means you liti for immediate future

4. Controversial opinion but consider conveyancing, similar to corp and may be easier to get TC for?

I made a comment earlier but its pending approval. Yes just do liti

Unregistered 01-08-2020 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142812)
Offered tsmp

Which dept is this? Thanks

Unregistered 02-08-2020 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143081)
I don't support CY's style of politics but you guys got to admit he keeps the ruling party accountable, brash as he may be. Imagine if people like Imran or Ivan Lim manage to get past the system and rise up to become ministers because the PAP's internal checks have failed, that would be disastrous. CY is like the shark that keeps the ocean free of sick and diseased fish.

As a PAP supporter I'm inclined to agree. The QC has not been as good as in the past. In fact after PM Lee our next choice of PM leaves much to be desired. Heng will fumble in front of the press or those high level international meetings and Chan will say the wrong things and slip of tongue to offend other countries. #TharmanforPM

Unregistered 02-08-2020 08:18 PM

has hiring for corporate resumed, anyone knows of 0PQE openings? thanks

Unregistered 03-08-2020 10:23 AM

Updated uni tier list

S tier US/UK: Harvard/Yale/Stanford/Oxford/Cambridge

A tier US: Columbia/Chicago/New York

Local tier: NUS/SMU

A tier UK: LSE/UCL/KCL

B tier UK/S tier AU: Durham/Bristol/Nottingham/Warwick/QMUL/Birmingham/Melbourne/Sydney/UNSW/ANU

A tier AU: Monash/Queensland/Western Australia/Adelaide

NZ/B tier AU: Auckland/Wellington/Tasmania

C tier AU: Murdoch/Flinders