Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Lawyer Salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/771-lawyer-salary.html)

Unregistered 25-07-2020 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142675)
Correct. I am not a fan of him but his brashness has shown to be effective in calling these people out.

I disapprove in the way he called out. I mean, if you're really altruistic your first concern is caring for the vxctim.

Unregistered 25-07-2020 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142676)
I disapprove in the way he called out. I mean, if you're really altruistic your first concern is caring for the vxctim.

We don’t know who these victims are. We have only heard stories about IR but not them. The best that can be done is calling IR out and that will hopefully encourage victims to stand up.

Unregistered 25-07-2020 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142676)

Most people would agree that cy's intentions were not altruistic. They just agree that his actions have yielded the (arguably positive) effect of certain people getting called out, his intentions notwithstanding.

Unregistered 25-07-2020 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142679)
Most people would agree that cy's intentions were not altruistic. They just agree that his actions have yielded the (arguably positive) effect of certain people getting called out, his intentions notwithstanding.

wa you write well

you must really be a lawyer

Unregistered 25-07-2020 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142679)

Ppl here are also not altruistic. Havent seen much concern for the victims only vitriol towards IR. R u all god.

Unregistered 25-07-2020 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142674)
The point is, being a leader and managing employees are soft skills that people acquire through experience. Being a senior in the job, you are expected to have those skills.

Sure, but I agree with the OP. That expectation comes from where? And from what...? If the sum total of my experience is getting shat on, I'm still suddenly expected to be this charismatic people first person regardless overnight?

Cannot be what right. Can spill ink all day long about how much we'd like things to be different, but must still make concessions to reality right? I'd like to go to the moon someday too leh.

Unregistered 25-07-2020 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142681)
Ppl here are also not altruistic. Havent seen much concern for the victims only vitriol towards IR. R u all god.

Yes, I show concern for the victims by anonymously posting about them on a salary forum.

Fk off la

Unregistered 25-07-2020 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142683)
Yes, I show concern for the victims by anonymously posting about them on a salary forum.

Fk off la

U r not anonymous. I make police report immediately salary forum owner will disclose ur isp address to police n they can track u down. Cowardly keyboard warrior

Unregistered 25-07-2020 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142686)
U r not anonymous. I make police report immediately salary forum owner will disclose ur isp address to police n they can track u down. Cowardly keyboard warrior

Yea. Theres a reason why poha was amended to stop doxxing. Good luck to u all here hope one of u become an example

Unregistered 25-07-2020 05:28 PM

I'm confused. Why all this talk of defamation and POHA here? Is anyone here harassing / defaming anyone?

Unregistered 25-07-2020 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142689)
I'm confused. Why all this talk of defamation and POHA here? Is anyone here harassing / defaming anyone?

Many are harassing IR and doxxing him when evidence is unclear. He is innocent till proven guilty.

Unregistered 25-07-2020 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142690)
Many are harassing IR and doxxing him when evidence is unclear. He is innocent till proven guilty.

Repeating a false allegation is also defamation.

Unregistered 25-07-2020 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142691)
Repeating a false allegation is also defamation.

Heng ah lucky not me. Gl pls issue a writ of defamation to those IP addresses

Unregistered 25-07-2020 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142689)

Also asking which partner at which law firm got horror stories to share. Pls lah si ginna. Think this place is ratemyprofessor is it

Kids these days really need one times good lawsuit to wake up their bloody idea, you don't actually _know_ the law until you kena gao gao. Naive and full of themselves

Unregistered 25-07-2020 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142700)
Also asking which partner at which law firm got horror stories to share. Pls lah si ginna. Think this place is ratemyprofessor is it

Kids these days really need one times good lawsuit to wake up their bloody idea, you don't actually _know_ the law until you kena gao gao. Naive and full of themselves

How about tables are turned and juniors or trainees get named n shamed for the horrible lies n negligent acts they have done

Unregistered 25-07-2020 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142687)
Yea. Theres a reason why poha was amended to stop doxxing. Good luck to u all here hope one of u become an example

Charles Yeo is the Guy Fawkes of our times, in the ideal society the people should not be afraid of their government but it should be afraid of them.

Unregistered 26-07-2020 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142700)

boomer spotted. cfm one of those who vote pap for 10m pop to keep pty prices high and earn rental income. fk off back to the 60s.

Unregistered 26-07-2020 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142706)
boomer spotted. cfm one of those who vote pap for 10m pop to keep pty prices high and earn rental income. fk off back to the 60s.

not an argument but didn't expect one from a degree mill anyway

Unregistered 26-07-2020 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142712)
not an argument but didn't expect one from a degree mill anyway

Or a strawberry quitter. Already in 2 or 3 firms in first 2 yrs

Unregistered 26-07-2020 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142703)
Charles Yeo is the Guy Fawkes of our times, in the ideal society the people should not be afraid of their government but it should be afraid of them.

What is the relevance. He rat IR out for alleged sex crimes and therefore govt shd be afraid of us? And no one reported IR cos last time all of us afraid of government but now CY is our guy fawkes?

Unregistered 26-07-2020 12:36 PM

guy fawkes was hanged for high treason and his body cut into four parts to be displayed throughout the uk as a warning

but surely that was not what the op meant about cy

Unregistered 27-07-2020 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142713)

Or a strawberry quitter. Already in 2 or 3 firms in first 2 yrs

I'm not OP but wasn't partnership in 2 or 3 years ages ago?

Unregistered 27-07-2020 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142758)
I'm not OP but wasn't partnership in 2 or 3 years ages ago?

Nope u could graduate n work as a partner immediately

Yea continue feeling sorry for urself n blame e world

Unregistered 27-07-2020 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142762)
Nope u could graduate n work as a partner immediately

Yea continue feeling sorry for urself n blame e world

Lmao, you're amusing.

Unregistered 27-07-2020 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142686)

you think people don't know how to use VPN? Lawyers really dinosaurs and sua ku

Unregistered 27-07-2020 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142768)

U think ur vpn works?

If u nthg to hide why need vpn.

Unregistered 27-07-2020 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142768)

Clearly u r a cowardly troll consumed w bitterness n hiding behind a keyboard n now reassuring urself that u have vpn n wont get a demand letter or a 999 call

Unregistered 27-07-2020 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142678)
We don’t know who these victims are. We have only heard stories about IR but not them. The best that can be done is calling IR out and that will hopefully encourage victims to stand up.

Let me tell you what's going to happen.

1. No "victims" will make any police report because none of these baseless allegations are true.
2. CY has (temporarily) succeeded in disrupting the life and career of an innocent man
3. IR is playing the waiting game and letting the social media furor die down like it should in the next few days or weeks
4. IR will then hit CY with a defamation suit to vindicate his name and simultaneously file a police report for CY's unfounded attacks wrt the racial angle.
5. CY will pay damages through his nose. That's the price to pay for an unfounded hit job by a rabidly anti-PAP individual

Those of you virtue signalling about #metoo #methree, sorry to tell you but you are just enablers of mob rule and totally unfit to safeguard the administration of justice

Unregistered 27-07-2020 04:37 PM

officer of the court of public opinion

that one dont even need to go degree mill lol

Unregistered 27-07-2020 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142786)

1. No "victims" will make any police report because none of these baseless allegations are true.
2. CY has (temporarily) succeeded in disrupting the life and career of an innocent man
3. IR is playing the waiting game and letting the social media furor die down like it should in the next few days or weeks
4. IR will then hit CY with a defamation suit to vindicate his name and simultaneously file a police report for CY's unfounded attacks wrt the racial angle.
5. CY will pay damages through his nose. That's the price to pay for an unfounded hit job by a rabidly anti-PAP individual

Those of you virtue signalling about #metoo #methree, sorry to tell you but you are just enablers of mob rule and totally unfit to safeguard the administration of justice

Very well said.

Unregistered 27-07-2020 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142788)
Very well said.

Can a lawyer who is supposed to uphold rule of law resort to trial by internet with no named witnesses and no evidence? Is that not behaviour unbecoming of an advocate and solicitor. Shouldnt the law society look at CY's behaviour?

Unregistered 27-07-2020 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142789)
Can a lawyer who is supposed to uphold rule of law resort to trial by internet with no named witnesses and no evidence? Is that not behaviour unbecoming of an advocate and solicitor. Shouldnt the law society look at CY's behaviour?

And talking like a gangster challenging people to sue. And then making comments on race traitor. N majority of people here presumably lawyers support this mob culture?

Unregistered 27-07-2020 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142789)

LawSoc got bigger fish to fry tbh. Clients' monies, solicitors accounts, etc all more important than prima facie eccentricity. You say that like as though every profession doesn't have its own set of eccentrics. If they go after CY, they have to go after a whole other bunch of lawyers as well. You know who lah.

Also not like the persons he's going after (1) don't have recourse and (2) don't know how to avail themselves of said recourse. Anything they do for themselves is more appropriate considering they were the ones wronged to begin with.

Unregistered 27-07-2020 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142791)
LawSoc got bigger fish to fry tbh. Clients' monies, solicitors accounts, etc all more important than prima facie eccentricity. You say that like as though every profession doesn't have its own set of eccentrics. If they go after CY, they have to go after a whole other bunch of lawyers as well. You know who lah.

Also not like the persons he's going after (1) don't have recourse and (2) don't know how to avail themselves of said recourse. Anything they do for themselves is more appropriate considering they were the ones wronged to begin with.

Eccentricity is no defence to defamation doxxing n racism

Unregistered 27-07-2020 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142792)
Eccentricity is no defence to defamation doxxing n racism

yes but lawsoc proceedings do not contemplate defamation doxxing n racism, the proper plaintiff in each being ir n the agc respectively

Unregistered 27-07-2020 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142794)
yes but lawsoc proceedings do not contemplate defamation doxxing n racism, the proper plaintiff in each being ir n the agc respectively

Is a defamatory mob racist becoming of an advocate n solicitor?

There r lawyers fined by law soc for speeding drink driving etc

Unregistered 27-07-2020 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142786)

Agree. As I pointed out earlier we shouldn't jump to conclusions without good or sufficient evidence. I don't fully agree with your style, but you are 100% right on substance. We can't subscribe to mob justice, we're lawyers

Unregistered 27-07-2020 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142795)
Is a defamatory mob racist becoming of an advocate n solicitor?

There r lawyers fined by law soc for speeding drink driving etc

convicted liao then lawsoc step in. if acquitted then what crime committed for lawsoc to investigate?

i dont think you are lawyer lol

Unregistered 27-07-2020 09:35 PM

Yes. Same for doctors. Have to be convicted before SMC will do their thing (fine, censure, suspension, etc.)

Only in exceptional cases will SMC intervene before a conviction is obtained - i.e. make the medical profession look super bad. But that is still up to SMC's discretion.

Imagine it's all the same for Law Society. That's what the poster above is saying. Need a court judgment saying A has defamed B, and not some layperson pointing finger and saying A has defamed B. Got judgment got talk. Not you, some random Tan Ah Kow, say got defamation means got defamation so Law Society must investigate. Mai luan lai.

Unregistered 27-07-2020 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142798)
Yes. Same for doctors. Have to be convicted before SMC will do their thing (fine, censure, suspension, etc.)

Only in exceptional cases will SMC intervene before a conviction is obtained - i.e. make the medical profession look super bad. But that is still up to SMC's discretion.

Imagine it's all the same for Law Society. That's what the poster above is saying. Need a court judgment saying A has defamed B, and not some layperson pointing finger and saying A has defamed B. Got judgment got talk. Not you, some random Tan Ah Kow, say got defamation means got defamation so Law Society must investigate. Mai luan lai.

Wah solid. Means all of us can be tan ah kow and luan luan say got this n that n bodaiji from law soc ah