Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Lawyer Salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/771-lawyer-salary.html)

Unregistered 06-09-2023 11:46 PM

Which international firm has the best hours?

Unregistered 07-09-2023 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 255367)
i enrolled for the full time progamme.

Talk cock la there is only one programme no part time or full time. Classes are all held together. This guy is troller

Unregistered 07-09-2023 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 255366)
actually what's more disgusting than the speech is the virtue signalling and grandstanding on LinkedIn by other lawyers who're taking this opportunity to dogpile on CBT.

Some of their passive-aggressive faux critical comments are truly hypocritical, especially coming from some of the senior lawyers, because we know they think exactly the same way.

CBT was just saying what most of them think.

For now, just enjoy the passive aggressive posts from both sides

Unregistered 07-09-2023 09:00 AM

I am a NQ with 5.5k salary. I had an offer from big4 which offered me 6.7k but i rejected as I did not want that area of law.

May I know people from small-mid sized firms like me, how much are you getting as NQ?

Unregistered 07-09-2023 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 255316)
what's the progression like in B4 (in terms of PQE?) heard drew is the fastest to make partner, thoughts?

TIA!

Any firm that can promise partnership after x years is ********. Just look at all the young junior partners in B4 - they're all glorified senior associates. Few of them have their own book, and are just slaving for the equity partners.

In short, this question is a foolish one.

Unregistered 07-09-2023 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 255372)

hard to say. the level of competition of international firms (both internal and external) means that more likely than not their lawyers are expected to work pretty hard. international law firm hours are probably crap (like top law firms across the industry). even among international law firms, hard to say whether one firm has the "best" hours or not because it's team-dependent. not sure if anyone can come up with a satisfactory answer for this...

Unregistered 07-09-2023 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 255380)
I am a NQ with 5.5k salary. I had an offer from big4 which offered me 6.7k but i rejected as I did not want that area of law.

May I know people from small-mid sized firms like me, how much are you getting as NQ?

5.5K is actually quite a bit for NQ outside of big 4. How many lawyers does your firm have?

Unregistered 07-09-2023 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 255415)
5.5K is actually quite a bit for NQ outside of big 4. How many lawyers does your firm have?

Ermm its a small sized firm but we have big cases that go up against R&T and A&G. Does it matter though? Like how many lawyers my firm has if its regarding my salary. Would I get more or less if the firm has more lawyers than it currently has now?

Unregistered 07-09-2023 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 255372)

Clifford chance. Going downhill quickly. Disputes team now a joke.

Unregistered 08-09-2023 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 255380)

Pathetic salary. I am earning the same amount as you, but I am working only 40 hours a week. As a F2 doctor in the UK. Mind you, I failed Med school 2 times and took 7 years to complete my degree. Also got a low score of BBB for my A levels.