Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Lawyer Salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/771-lawyer-salary.html)

Unregistered 26-04-2022 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 215760)
These 11 cheaters have effectively pulled down the whole cohort and the future cohort - they have practically erased the advancements everyone has made as now people will be on a guessing game to see who are the cheats.

Please name them for those who know, as it is really unfair for those who worked hard and had to be in the same crowd as them.

Lol, your logic is horrible , firstly, their names are already well known in the industry. Secondly, for those in the cohort who are already associates, it’s pretty obvious it’s not them lol because this batch of 6 people haven’t even been called yet. The rest who are practicing as an associate now are obviously not the people involved in this case.

That being said, they may have cheated during the bar exams and just not been caught, that is anyones guess and is highly likely

Unregistered 26-04-2022 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 215761)
Not a bad try. But still - too bad.

Honestly, I doubt that anyone who is a law student or lawyer who graduated within the past 5 years doesnt know the names by now. It's been shared around so much. So the rest of you must just be busybodies from outside the legal fraternity

My boyfriend doesn't want to tell me who in his batch cheated. Please tell me so I can know if it is him. I cannot have a cheater as a boyfriend

Unregistered 26-04-2022 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 215654)
Which department are you in?

I'm with A&G M&A! I've been considering changing because I've been told the exit options suck compared to like funds where its possible to lateral out faster and easier to get into intl firms too. M&A is supposedly too competitive?

Unregistered 26-04-2022 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 215764)
My boyfriend doesn't want to tell me who in his batch cheated. Please tell me so I can know if it is him. I cannot have a cheater as a boyfriend

It’s not only that he doesn’t want to tell you who cheated for the exams, he also doesn’t want to tell you that he cheated on you. Ooof.

Unregistered 26-04-2022 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 215766)
I'm with A&G M&A! I've been considering changing because I've been told the exit options suck compared to like funds where its possible to lateral out faster and easier to get into intl firms too. M&A is supposedly too competitive?

If those are your considerations approaching this career, bro you are in for a tough ride.

Unregistered 26-04-2022 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 215789)
If those are your considerations approaching this career, bro you are in for a tough ride.

Tiagong the recruiter firm Ethos Beath published a report today on the private practice salaries in SG! Anyone excited by the findings? $$ all go up

Unregistered 26-04-2022 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 215790)
Tiagong the recruiter firm Ethos Beath published a report today on the private practice salaries in SG! Anyone excited by the findings? $$ all go up

The section on international firm and big4 are most exciting

Unregistered 26-04-2022 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 215789)

What do you mean! I just want to not enter a sunset-y area in law

Unregistered 26-04-2022 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 215766)

A&G M&A’s exit options suck? I don’t know who has been feeding you lies but you should join Dentons for the best options. It is the only international firm among the “Big Five’ in SG.

Unregistered 27-04-2022 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 215798)
A&G M&A’s exit options suck? I don’t know who has been feeding you lies but you should join Dentons for the best options. It is the only international firm among the “Big Five’ in SG.

the only “big and renowned” “offshore” firm in the Big 5