Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Lawyer Salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/771-lawyer-salary.html)

Unregistered 10-08-2021 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179740)
I suggest you don't bother wasting your time on her.

Can kindely elaborate on why not worth time on ? Or what about ? All seem quite experienced .

Would help if you’d share your experience bro

Unregistered 10-08-2021 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179787)
Can kindely elaborate on why not worth time on ? Or what about ? All seem quite experienced .

is pretty good

Unregistered 10-08-2021 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179788)
is pretty good

Because pretty?

Unregistered 10-08-2021 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179789)
Because pretty?

Nah, she's professional.

Can't say the same for most recruiters out there.

Unregistered 10-08-2021 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179791)
Nah, she's professional.

Can't say the same for most recruiters out there.

Thank you. Will give her a shot. Quite difficult to decide among so many recruiters. Sometimes i just go by their profile pictures.

Unregistered 10-08-2021 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179759)
Cravath scale in SG just follows the scale from the US (which you can easily find through google) but x FX rate. The increments are clear. Milbank, Latham, etc.

Mid Atlantic scale in SG is pretty much a black box that is around or slightly higher than MC you mentioned with increments from 1.5k-2.5k. Jones Day, Sidley (?), etc.

The trick for SG lawyers is to make sure your PQE haircut is minimal (1-2 years) or 0 (near impossible). Whether you use UK/NY/CA bar or negotiation (RLT/PTC) to achieve that is up to you.

This is good advice. I am trying to shave less than 2 year’s PQE. FCH NUS, but hard to score in interview still.

Unregistered 10-08-2021 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179787)

Paulin got me my MC gig and many of my friends into intl firms. Negative comments here are just the spiteful recruiters who aint as accomplished as her.

Highly recommended. U will be an intl firm before u know it.

Unregistered 10-08-2021 04:19 PM

Honestly what do you expect from recruiters? Just cast your net wide and use all of them so you know all the opportunities out there. Other than that what value do you think they give? It’s not like they magically make your 2:2 into a 1:1. These are people recruiting at a junior level. They are not going to give you magic dust. Proof and double check your own cv, be comfortable talking about yourself and your experiences and just go go town. If you need to level up your skills better off getting an interview coach.

Unregistered 10-08-2021 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179792)
Thank you. Will give her a shot. Quite difficult to decide among so many recruiters. Sometimes i just go by their profile pictures.

what do you have to decide on? their client is the firm not you.

Unregistered 10-08-2021 04:44 PM

any chio recruiters to recommend? dont care about salary/job prospects, just want a pretty face to look at