Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Lawyer Salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/771-lawyer-salary.html)

Unregistered 08-02-2021 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 155881)
Bachelor of laws offered by Birmingham City University, in partnership with Kaplan.

What are my job opportunities in the legal sector with this degree? I want to head into consulting.

Troll much?
Also, wrong thread. If you want to find out about consulting, go to the consulting thread!

Unregistered 08-02-2021 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 155925)
Troll much?
Also, wrong thread. If you want to find out about consulting, go to the consulting thread!

******* I ask you question you talk to me liddat

If I see you in real life I will fking bury your face in the cement. Bich.

#kaplankid

Unregistered 09-02-2021 06:52 AM

You trolls are indeed a trashy bunch

Unregistered 09-02-2021 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 155971)
You trolls are indeed a trashy bunch

Trash and bunch you up kbkb diam la

Unregistered 10-02-2021 07:11 AM

Unpaid Corp TC

I'm in my final-year at NUS, 2:2. Have been offered a TC at a small corporate firm, but it is unpaid. Been applying to other firms with no reply. I know it's a pretty raw deal and I will be negotiating for a basic allowance.
My end goal is just use this to get qualified and then move in-house. I do have savings and side hustles that I can subsist on over the TC period.

Assuming the offer doesn't improve + I don't get other corporate offers, is it justified or is the market for 2:2 corp firms better than this? .

Unregistered 10-02-2021 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 156028)
I'm in my final-year at NUS, 2:2. Have been offered a TC at a small corporate firm, but it is unpaid. Been applying to other firms with no reply. I know it's a pretty raw deal and I will be negotiating for a basic allowance.
My end goal is just use this to get qualified and then move in-house. I do have savings and side hustles that I can subsist on over the TC period.

Assuming the offer doesn't improve + I don't get other corporate offers, is it justified or is the market for 2:2 corp firms better than this? .

I'd say keep trying, but prospects aren't good. I know of 2.2s without connections who have gotten paid TCs, but these TCs are generally with chinatown firms and for low salary ($800 to $1200). This was 5 years pre-covid though.

Unregistered 10-02-2021 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 156028)

Agreed just keep trying for other firms first! Know that you have worth and don't let this rubbish firm take advantage of you. Find a firm that appreciates you.

Trust me, if you accept this unpaid TC, you will regret it during your training period. When you are toiling away for the firm on late nights, you will grow to resent the firm for exploiting you. Also, you would be indirectly condoning the firm's unethical practice of exploiting trainees as free labour and spoiling the market for ur juniors.

Unregistered 10-02-2021 03:07 PM

I am really curious as to which firms don’t pay for TCs...so far I have yet to hear of any firms not paying anything.

Unregistered 10-02-2021 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 156051)
I am really curious as to which firms don’t pay for TCs...so far I have yet to hear of any firms not paying anything.

I know of a top litigator who has been mentioned in recent posts who took on a trainee even though he didn't have the requisite PQE, wasted the poor trainee's time and even tried to cover it up by offering to employ him as a legal executive instead.

Unregistered 10-02-2021 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 156061)
I know of a top litigator who has been mentioned in recent posts who took on a trainee even though he didn't have the requisite PQE, wasted the poor trainee's time and even tried to cover it up by offering to employ him as a legal executive instead.

wah. that's a really shitty thing to do.
but also, trainee should be responsible for his own due diligence.