Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Diageo Graduate Programme (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/6445-diageo-graduate-programme.html)

Unregistered 13-04-2016 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 83450)
Hi all, no point waiting for something that won't come! By any standards, how the HR team has handled this is really unprofessional. Especially since they advocated so much about giving feedback to help improve even for the rejected candidates.

Anyway this is a shout out to the Talent Engagement Team of Diageo (or rather the Talent Disengagement Team), please at least make an effort to close the loop for all candidates even the rejected ones. The reputation of your company is shaped by those inside AND outside the company... Terribly and disappointing way to end the Diageo experience, I have to say.

grow up. admit that you were not good enough to be hired. do u expect diageo to bring you tissues to wipe away your tears and then recommend you to apply for other companies? move on.

Unregistered 13-04-2016 04:51 PM

Hi! Can i check if by emailing Diageo, will we get the rejection response? Or do we assume we are rejected since 1 week has passed. Thanks.

Unregistered 13-04-2016 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 83503)
Hi! Can i check if by emailing Diageo, will we get the rejection response? Or do we assume we are rejected since 1 week has passed. Thanks.

Yes. Those that have not been contacted by Diageo are not successful. Don't expect a reply from them so soon, but yeah just move on buddy.

Unregistered 13-04-2016 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 83501)
grow up. admit that you were not good enough to be hired. do u expect diageo to bring you tissues to wipe away your tears and then recommend you to apply for other companies? move on.

Are you from Diageo? Specifically, are you from the HR team of Diageo?

The point is not whether I am or am not good enough. But there has to be a need for professionalism isn't it? I am not asking Diageo to write an email apologising for having to reject me, or in your beautifully crafted words, to bring tissues for my tears. What I am asking for is a little professionalism and honour on their part. The HR did promise to send an email to ALL candidates which will contain feedback so that, and I quote, "even if you are rejected, you can improve for future interviews".

To be honest, I don't see any fault in complaining that the company has not lived up to their words.

I am sorry that you feel this way, that you feel that it's okay for companies to say one thing and do the other. But, if there's the corporate world you want to believe in, then I think it's kind of bleak...

Once again, I am not here to argue. My point was never to criticise the company for rejecting me. You go into an interview, ready to either pass or fail... That's how it works, and I believe all candidates acknowledge that. But what I cannot tolerate is for the HR to come in at the start of the day, proclaiming how they believe in the importance of feedback, only to brush the rejected candidates aside after they found two suitable ones.

Unregistered 13-04-2016 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 83539)
Are you from Diageo? Specifically, are you from the HR team of Diageo?

The point is not whether I am or am not good enough. But there has to be a need for professionalism isn't it? I am not asking Diageo to write an email apologising for having to reject me, or in your beautifully crafted words, to bring tissues for my tears. What I am asking for is a little professionalism and honour on their part. The HR did promise to send an email to ALL candidates which will contain feedback so that, and I quote, "even if you are rejected, you can improve for future interviews".

To be honest, I don't see any fault in complaining that the company has not lived up to their words.

I am sorry that you feel this way, that you feel that it's okay for companies to say one thing and do the other. But, if there's the corporate world you want to believe in, then I think it's kind of bleak...

Once again, I am not here to argue. My point was never to criticise the company for rejecting me. You go into an interview, ready to either pass or fail... That's how it works, and I believe all candidates acknowledge that. But what I cannot tolerate is for the HR to come in at the start of the day, proclaiming how they believe in the importance of feedback, only to brush the rejected candidates aside after they found two suitable ones.

Hi OP, how do you know 2 were selected? Haha

Unregistered 13-04-2016 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 83542)
Hi OP, how do you know 2 were selected? Haha

I assumed since there were two sessions that we know of...

Unregistered 14-04-2016 02:52 PM

Anyway, i guess we can all agree it was a great experience at Diageo. Hope they give us our feedback soon to improve ourselves!! Time for new job application hahaha

Unregistered 14-04-2016 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 83634)
Anyway, i guess we can all agree it was a great experience at Diageo. Hope they give us our feedback soon to improve ourselves!! Time for new job application hahaha

Don't expect a feedback from them. If you are really keen to get a feedback, you have to email or call them personally. At least that was what I remembered the HR guy said during the AC.

In terms of providing feedback, I would say company such as GSK are doing a better job as they really give you a thorough review across all the exercises of the AC.

Unregistered 14-04-2016 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 83636)
Don't expect a feedback from them. If you are really keen to get a feedback, you have to email or call them personally. At least that was what I remembered the HR guy said during the AC.

In terms of providing feedback, I would say company such as GSK are doing a better job as they really give you a thorough review across all the exercises of the AC.

OK thanks for your advice :) Well.. I didn't manage to get a chance at GSK but yeah you are right, I guess they still have rooms to improve.

Unregistered 24-11-2016 09:50 AM

Early Career Program 2017

Hi, has anyone applied this round? any news?