Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Diageo Graduate Programme (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/6445-diageo-graduate-programme.html)

Unregistered 08-01-2016 02:36 PM

Has anyone done the video interview? How many questions are there? And how did you find it? Thanks so much! :)

Unregistered 08-01-2016 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77744)
Depends on company policy, some companies are quite upfront about starting pay and even readily share them with students during campus roadshow.

I don't know about Diageo, but you shouldn't make generalizations for all companies and assume that people can only talk about salary during contract negotiation.

Oh do tell, which company would be willing to share their pay upfront? Other than big 4 being a possibility, but I still doubt so, I seriously doubt any company share any pay upfront. You are talking about salary, something's HR requires the staff to keep secret, and for a good reason. Company goes through huge length to keep salary a secret, just to tell any Tom dick or Harry who emailed in to ask the salary? What if it's a competitior? What if it's a current staff? Wouldn't it affect morale?

And to add on, someone above even mentioned that HR say that it'll be discussed at a later stage, proving my point

Unregistered 08-01-2016 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77637)
money is good but remember this industry need to do a lot of entertaining after work.

I guess if I have some medical problem that prevents me from drinking too much, I shouldn't apply to work here?

Unregistered 08-01-2016 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77754)
Oh do tell, which company would be willing to share their pay upfront? Other than big 4 being a possibility, but I still doubt so, I seriously doubt any company share any pay upfront. You are talking about salary, something's HR requires the staff to keep secret, and for a good reason. Company goes through huge length to keep salary a secret, just to tell any Tom dick or Harry who emailed in to ask the salary? What if it's a competitior? What if it's a current staff? Wouldn't it affect morale?

And to add on, someone above even mentioned that HR say that it'll be discussed at a later stage, proving my point

under the veil of anonymity, many things on this forum must be taken with a huge pinch of salt...

Unregistered 08-01-2016 09:23 PM

A lot of ppl here also jokers, how about trying to get an offer first before nitpicking on salary? Speculate so much in the end maybe dun even get any offer.

Unregistered 08-01-2016 10:46 PM

Yah i think even forums like hwz are more reliable in some cases

Unregistered 08-01-2016 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77786)
Yah i think even forums like hwz are more reliable in some cases

hwz is thrash talk, here is big cannon fairy.

Unregistered 09-01-2016 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77759)
I guess if I have some medical problem that prevents me from drinking too much, I shouldn't apply to work here?

Not so much that you need to drink to entertain, but you do need to try the products. They require you to be of the legal drinking age to apply for this role.

Unregistered 17-01-2016 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by megamax (Post 77596)
Hi everyone!

I know Diageo just launched its first graduate programme this year, and I was wondering if anyone has applied for it?

I submitted the application form, but am I supposed to get a values fit questionnaire to fill up? Once I clicked submit, I didn't get any questionnaire form.

Thanks guys!

i did apply, wanted to check if they asked uploading the resume??

sigueroa 25-01-2016 05:20 PM

Hey guys! Am scheduled for the assessment centre for Diageo under this graduate program next monday. Pretty nervous (first ac ever!), but excited at the same time to learn more! Really love the culture and values of the company, can safely say that it's my dream job, and what I want for my future career!

Was wondering if anyone who has gone through this particular AC before, care to share some tips and advice, like what kind of questions and what to take note of? I understand I can google those out, but it would be great if I could get inputs from you guys!

Thank you so much!