Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Banks' Pay and Bonuses (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/5211-banks-pay-bonuses.html)

Unregistered 23-12-2021 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 194215)
Thanks for sharing and totally agree with your sentiments on the very unlikely 10k after 5 years in BB for MO - that is just trolls trying to mislead. Agree with 5-7k if you stay in the same bank throughout. If you hop around within the 5 years, you may be able to command higher.

Is hopping to a BB and asking for 8k with 5 years of exp too much or too little? I come from a lower tier bank currently earning 6+.

Unregistered 23-12-2021 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 194703)
Is hopping to a BB and asking for 8k with 5 years of exp too much or too little? I come from a lower tier bank currently earning 6+.

See how well you do at the interviews lor

Unregistered 23-12-2021 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 194705)
See how well you do at the interviews lor

I've already passed the interviews and being asked on my expectations (even though i've asked them to first share their budget to no avail). just wondering whether quoting 8k is too high/low, don't want to price myself out of their range or discount myself too much either.

Unregistered 23-12-2021 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 194715)
I've already passed the interviews and being asked on my expectations (even though i've asked them to first share their budget to no avail). just wondering whether quoting 8k is too high/low, don't want to price myself out of their range or discount myself too much either.

Aim for 20% increment anything else is a bonus

Unregistered 23-12-2021 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 194722)
Aim for 20% increment anything else is a bonus

Would such an expectation be the same if a 20% increment still puts one slightly below the market avg? Seems like basing off previous salary can always be a double-edged sword depending on situation.

Unregistered 23-12-2021 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 194725)
Would such an expectation be the same if a 20% increment still puts one slightly below the market avg? Seems like basing off previous salary can always be a double-edged sword depending on situation.

If you are below market the only way to save yourself is to hop frequently, with a stopover at at least one high-paying coy. Do well at interviews and aim for 30%+ increments.

Else if you are average to slightly above average for your YoE and function, I'd say 20% is a good benchmark to aim for.

Unregistered 23-12-2021 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 194725)

5 years exp for Ops and asking for 8k? Tan ku ku la

Unregistered 23-12-2021 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 194739)
5 years exp for Ops and asking for 8k? Tan ku ku la

Very possible. Esp in BB. Friends in ops grad program alr hit 8k at 4 year back (senior assoc).

Unregistered 23-12-2021 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 194750)
Very possible. Esp in BB. Friends in ops grad program alr hit 8k at 4 year back (senior assoc).

Would this be the case for only the top tier bbs (gs/jpm/ms)? Or one can expect the same for other bbs like cs/citi/boa?

Unregistered 23-12-2021 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 194703)

Depends on which BB. If GS/JPM/GS, 8k is well within their budget for 5 YOE. Other BB, most likely not.

(Currently at GS/JPM/MS Ops. Have taken part in recruiting for the company as well)