Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Banks' Pay and Bonuses (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/5211-banks-pay-bonuses.html)

Unregistered 17-09-2021 11:07 AM

any idea DBS MD get paid how much? thanks!

Unregistered 17-09-2021 11:07 AM

im poster above. DBS MD in backend roles like ops or HR or tech

Unregistered 18-09-2021 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 183366)
Not every batch, just for 2021 promotion cycle (batch of 2014). GS/JPM/MS — one of this.

Totally not convincing at all LOL think you should review the facts esp if you are not a fellow BB MO/BO grad yourself lol

Unregistered 14-12-2021 11:53 PM

How do foreign banks stack up against each other in terms of MO/BO pay scales? My impression is that US banks pay the most, followed by Swiss banks, then other European banks, and lastly Chinese/japanese/other Asian banks. Is this about right?

Not referring to grad prog by the way. Perhaps more towards mid level hires with 5-9 yoe.

Unregistered 15-12-2021 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mytwocents (Post 183331)
i’m in the banking industry for about 9 years MO. hopped from local to a BB then to a small foreign bank. typing this cause on leave tmrw and returning good deeds by sharing info.

by researching this forum and glassdoor, i’m sure u guys can tell what’s the truth being said. anyways hope we SIC more and toxic less.

it’s true investment bankers fresh grad in BB may get paid 10k, but if u meet one, u will also know they don’t have much time to even spend it. they are also minimally first class honours from local uni and have to pass gruelling MA interviews. so it’s true but highly unlikely and only for IB in BB (no other MA roles will pay u 10k straight out of uni).

BO/MO: starting salary at BB 4k+ is definitely possible. Even OCBC or UOB are paying at least 3k for fresh grads (just ask around)..

BO/MO: salary after 5 years? my estimate is 5-7k if ur foreign bank. depends on how many promotions and salary increments. if you’re good, twice promotion maybe 20% to 30% each time. local bank salary is low prolly 5k after 5 years is average (normal progression), but their bonuses are much better.

back to the contentious point being debated:
10k for MO role after 5 years in a BB (fresh grad) is highly unlikely. UNLESS ur a MA program, or ur linked to a revenue generation MO team ie structured product team, or ur salary increment was 20% every single year without fail on average despite all banks having one or two bad economic years. Again, sounds unlikely or u left out some other information such as YOE.. In any case, if u achieved it congrats, defo no easy fear. but folks here are asking for the reasonable range, not an unlikely outlier range. spread the kindness bruh

keep sharing and stop the toxicity!

cheers guys.

FYI, it’s true JPM doesn’t hav AVP, that’s why their senior associate salary can hit 10k too.. personal experience).

The numbers is about right, finally a more realistic post. I echo the same.

Unregistered 18-12-2021 04:25 AM

Recently I've gotten an offer at scb for a software engineer role.
I've 5+ yoe and this is my first time ever work in a banking/finance industry.

Mentioned being band 6. How does this translate to a grade at other banks (local?) and is that a reasonable grade?

When I mention grade, I'm referring to what I commonly see in other threads such as associate, avp, vp etc.

Being offered 135k annual (12+3 bonus). Is that a decent offer for a role at a bank? (would be comparing to other banks in Singapore with similar YOE and role, e.g dbs etc.)

Unregistered 18-12-2021 09:26 AM

Just sharing my info - I worked in American BB for 6 years in operations, left as an AVP at 7k, just nice completed the 6th year. It is pretty damn rare for anyone in ops to make 10k or more in 5 -7 years. I'm glad I'm out of operations, salary almost doubled after moving to FO.

Unregistered 18-12-2021 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 194162)
Just sharing my info - I worked in American BB for 6 years in operations, left as an AVP at 7k, just nice completed the 6th year. It is pretty damn rare for anyone in ops to make 10k or more in 5 -7 years. I'm glad I'm out of operations, salary almost doubled after moving to FO.

Did you have other work experience prior to ur 6 yrs in ops? How was the yearly increment avg % like?

Unregistered 18-12-2021 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 194162)

Good for you if you like FO for the higher pay.

Not everyone can get into FO. Even if it is 7K in ops, I don't think is too worse off.

Unregistered 18-12-2021 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 194153)
Recently I've gotten an offer at scb for a software engineer role.
I've 5+ yoe and this is my first time ever work in a banking/finance industry.

Mentioned being band 6. How does this translate to a grade at other banks (local?) and is that a reasonable grade?

When I mention grade, I'm referring to what I commonly see in other threads such as associate, avp, vp etc.

Being offered 135k annual (12+3 bonus). Is that a decent offer for a role at a bank? (would be comparing to other banks in Singapore with similar YOE and role, e.g dbs etc.)

That's about 9k per month which is decent for experienced hire, just need to factor in work life balance.