Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Banks' Pay and Bonuses (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/5211-banks-pay-bonuses.html)

Jobs 22-04-2015 09:02 PM

Banks' Pay and Bonuses

What are the salaries and bonuses in banks today like? I understand that there are lots of new regulations over the past few years, which have impacted the salaries/bonuses significantly.

Does anyone know what are the approximate figures for both salaries and bonuses for:

1) Top-front office (IB/S&T)
2) Front office (Corp B/Private B/Commercial B)
3) Middle office (Compliance/Risk/Finance/HR)
4) Back office (Ops/Tech)

Appreciate all replies. Thanks.

Unregistered 23-04-2015 10:29 AM

I am in back office. Recently got 10% increment and 5 months bonus. May sound impressive but then again, i'm not in a bank. I'm in a sovereign fund.

Unregistered 23-04-2015 12:36 PM

Back office, 15 yrs experience, Director level, $20K per month (fixed), bonus 2-3 months

Unregistered 23-04-2015 03:03 PM

yup

Am in category 1...

1 year of experience... Bad year, Base 13k per month... 2.5 months bonus...

Unregistered 23-04-2015 08:24 PM

Back office, 2 years exp

6% increment

2.5mths bonus

sound not too good, hope to do it better next year

Unregistered 23-04-2015 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 65833)
I am in back office. Recently got 10% increment and 5 months bonus. May sound impressive but then again, i'm not in a bank. I'm in a sovereign fund.

5 Months bonus? That's a lot for BO. But I guess that SWF's BO differs slightly from Banks' BOs.

Unregistered 23-04-2015 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 65844)
Am in category 1...

1 year of experience... Bad year, Base 13k per month... 2.5 months bonus...

This is interesting.. I'm guessing IB? Is the "low" bonus because of the economic climate (i.e. not much businesses around to do)? Or is it because of regulations? How do you see the environment in Singapore (and bonuses) to be like moving forward?

Thanks.

Unregistered 23-04-2015 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jobs (Post 65816)
What are the salaries and bonuses in banks today like? I understand that there are lots of new regulations over the past few years, which have impacted the salaries/bonuses significantly.

Does anyone know what are the approximate figures for both salaries and bonuses for:

1) Top-front office (IB/S&T)
2) Front office (Corp B/Private B/Commercial B)
3) Middle office (Compliance/Risk/Finance/HR)
4) Back office (Ops/Tech)

Appreciate all replies. Thanks.

3. Compliance for foreign banks. 5 Yrs exp.
Annual package of 72k (exclude 5-6 mths bonus). Must always achieve band 1 in AML regulations or else face the immediate risk of losing job.

Unregistered 24-04-2015 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 65861)
This is interesting.. I'm guessing IB? Is the "low" bonus because of the economic climate (i.e. not much businesses around to do)? Or is it because of regulations? How do you see the environment in Singapore (and bonuses) to be like moving forward?

Thanks.

they bumped base but cut bonus, not much diff.nothing to do with regulations... Not as if it's within your control anyways.

End of the day there's no other industry that is as lucrative

Unregistered 25-04-2015 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 65841)
Back office, 15 yrs experience, Director level, $20K per month (fixed), bonus 2-3 months

How difficult is it to become a director in BO after 15 years? Let's say for a local uni grad (2nd uppers). How many % would become a director?

Thanks.