Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   UOB Management Associate Program (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/5015-united-overseas-bank-management-associate-program.html)

Unregistered 10-04-2022 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213306)
i see... so does UOB have WFH HR policy going forward?

LOL idk bro im not even in UOB. im just a fresh grad like u who took up a tech role with hybrid arrangement.

But definitely clarify this with your HR and use this as one of the factors to make your choice.

Unregistered 10-04-2022 04:11 PM

if you want to do tech, why UOB? many other better places to go TBH. UOB tech systems and processes are dinosaur age, i don't think u will grow much here.

Unregistered 10-04-2022 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213310)
if you want to do tech, why UOB? many other better places to go TBH. UOB tech systems and processes are dinosaur age, i don't think u will grow much here.

agreed, there are always better places to go. but that said i dont think UOB is the worst place to gain some experience esp if you are not from comp sci.

Unregistered 10-04-2022 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213308)
LOL idk bro im not even in UOB. im just a fresh grad like u who took up a tech role with hybrid arrangement.

But definitely clarify this with your HR and use this as one of the factors to make your choice.

oops. I mistook u as the poster who said the following previously

"used to work in uob previously, sometimes at 5pm the office can be quite empty already haha"

Unregistered 10-04-2022 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213313)
agreed, there are always better places to go. but that said i dont think UOB is the worst place to gain some experience esp if you are not from comp sci.

Maybe putting my background would help. Im from accting/biz looking to get into swe. Was just wondering if UOB tech would provide me the necessary foundation in tech to move into the tech industry

Unregistered 10-04-2022 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213316)
Maybe putting my background would help. Im from accting/biz looking to get into swe. Was just wondering if UOB tech would provide me the necessary foundation in tech to move into the tech industry

well ill be frank here. if you have other options, that are firmly tech companies. ie they see tech as revenue generating and not just a cost center, then youd likely be better off there. if you dont have any other options, well, beggars cant be choosers right?

Unregistered 10-04-2022 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213316)

in short, no. unless you're dead certain that you want to continue in banking tech (which is vastly different from tech tech). in my very honest opinion, even a tech role at foodpanda beats uob because there's simply no exit opportunities for local bank tech guys.

Unregistered 10-04-2022 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213322)
in short, no. unless you're dead certain that you want to continue in banking tech (which is vastly different from tech tech). in my very honest opinion, even a tech role at foodpanda beats uob because there's simply no exit opportunities for local bank tech guys.

thanks for sharing the perspectives. appreciate it all.

Unregistered 10-04-2022 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213322)

agreed with this guy altho i wouldnt say until so jialat, ofc nothing is impossible and though it is extremely unlikely, youd still stand a chance with faang if you have the skills.

tech role in tech company > tech role in non tech company (UOB) > non tech role in tech company >everyth else

Unregistered 10-04-2022 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213330)
agreed with this guy altho i wouldnt say until so jialat, ofc nothing is impossible and though it is extremely unlikely, youd still stand a chance with faang if you have the skills.

tech role in tech company > tech role in non tech company (UOB) > non tech role in tech company >everyth else

wa jiatlat leh, i am investment banker but categorised under everything else. haizzz even worse than tech guy at uob....