Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   UOB Management Associate Program (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/5015-united-overseas-bank-management-associate-program.html)

Unregistered 19-12-2019 10:45 AM

missing the point totally

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127326)
this is wrong.

if all of you are good, everyone will get through.

if none, none of you.

there is no min or max people that get through for each ac.

what I meant was that the success rate was 20%. sure, it will vary across individual ACs.

btw, your answer is as good as useless LOL because it doesn't offer any insight.
"what's the success rate for goldman - if you're good you'll get in"
"what's the success rate for google - if you're good you'll get in"

Unregistered 19-12-2019 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127340)
what I meant was that the success rate was 20%. sure, it will vary across individual ACs.

btw, your answer is as good as useless LOL because it doesn't offer any insight.

Then you should have clarified it at the start.

Well too bad, that's the reality.

Unregistered 19-12-2019 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127341)
Then you should have clarified it at the start.

Well too bad, that's the reality.

you know what else is reality? **** tons of people in banks who don't add value to anything they do.

are you one of them?

Unregistered 19-12-2019 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127343)
you know what else is reality? **** tons of people in banks who don't add value to anything they do.

are you one of them?

Hi guys, stop arguing on this thread.

Unregistered 19-12-2019 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127343)

are you one of them?

You could say the same for lots of other industries.

Think.

Unregistered 19-12-2019 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127340)

Taking both views into account, I guess we can say that while all might get through if they meet the minimum requirement, the average success rate across the board is roughly 20%. Please don't argue guys, it isn't productive to this discussion.

Unregistered 19-12-2019 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127332)
Panel interviews only start in mid-Jan and last for 2-4 weeks (based on the email), so this year’s MA salary package is unknown. Previous posts put the figure at roughly 4.5k though.

Why aren't you guys applying for s&t instead? It's twice the starting salary. Lol.

Unregistered 24-12-2019 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127357)
Why aren't you guys applying for s&t instead? It's twice the starting salary. Lol.

Well, I guess local banks is for 2nd upper/lower grads and below. Sometimes not everyone is blessed with as many choices leh..

Personally, I did a summer at JPM S&T and GS but decided to pursue a career in PB/WM because I believe WM is where the growth will be in the next decade. Will be headed to UBS GWM! Not to discount local banks, but I would say the only decent (passable) local bank I would ever consider is DBS, nothing else. Just my opinion.

Unregistered 22-01-2020 02:02 PM

Hey, I got emailed saying I passed the AC and that a panel interview will be scheduled early February. Any past candidates here know what exactly the panel interview entails? And also, any idea what this round of UOB MA's salary package is?

Unregistered 27-01-2020 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127498)
Well, I guess local banks is for 2nd upper/lower grads and below. Sometimes not everyone is blessed with as many choices leh..

Personally, I did a summer at JPM S&T and GS but decided to pursue a career in PB/WM because I believe WM is where the growth will be in the next decade. Will be headed to UBS GWM! Not to discount local banks, but I would say the only decent (passable) local bank I would ever consider is DBS, nothing else. Just my opinion.

The "largest" local PB is not even DBS