Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   People in the Finance industry, please come in and share (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/4849-people-finance-industry-please-come-share.html)

Unregistered 22-12-2014 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 60330)
AVP in JPM looking after service delivery process and optimization. 7 years of work exp, drawing 14k salary now.

Hi, just to clarify, your total work exp is 7 years, you're not in a FO role and 14k is your basic? That's really good pay

Unregistered 22-12-2014 07:03 PM

Avp in Deutsche, trade settlement, 6 years, 9k basic

3rd jump so far since graduation

Unregistered 22-12-2014 08:46 PM

Thanks for sharing. May I know what's the bonus like for BO these days? Or what u're expecting to get?

Do u think the JP guy above who's drawing 14k is possible with 7 yrs exp in BO?

Unregistered 22-12-2014 10:32 PM

any sell side traders here? hows ur compensation like?

im trying to push for a pay rise here and would like some reference. im working in a BB.

Unregistered 22-12-2014 10:36 PM

in KYC compliance. working for 4 years in a foreign bank @ 8.9k now

Unregistered 22-12-2014 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 60362)
in KYC compliance. working for 4 years in a foreign bank @ 8.9k now

You graduated 4 years back or had more years of working exp?

Unregistered 22-12-2014 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 60360)
any sell side traders here? hows ur compensation like?

im trying to push for a pay rise here and would like some reference. im working in a BB.

Why don't you share some info, instead of just hoping for people to share with you? As you can see the thread starter was very generous in his details and prompted more people to follow suit.

Unregistered 22-12-2014 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 60365)
Why don't you share some info, instead of just hoping for people to share with you? As you can see the thread starter was very generous in his details and prompted more people to follow suit.

but of course, my apologies.

first year in sell side sales trading for a BB. drawing 7k/mth. before this i was doing proprietary trading at a japanese firm for 3 years. back then pay fluctuates from 20k/mth to nth a mth. ist job was a finance analyst at another BB, only stayed there for 11 mths.

Unregistered 22-12-2014 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 60364)
You graduated 4 years back or had more years of working exp?

got intern in the same bank before

Unregistered 23-12-2014 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 60367)
but of course, my apologies.

first year in sell side sales trading for a BB. drawing 7k/mth. before this i was doing proprietary trading at a japanese firm for 3 years. back then pay fluctuates from 20k/mth to nth a mth. ist job was a finance analyst at another BB, only stayed there for 11 mths.

Interesting career path. I always thought the skills for prop trading is not very relevant to sell side trading.

Sorry to divert from your question, but I'm just curious, did you enjoy working as a prop trader? How does it compare to sell side trading? Also, how did you make the jump from prop trading to sell side trading?