Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   People in the Finance industry, please come in and share (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/4849-people-finance-industry-please-come-share.html)

Unregistered 21-12-2014 10:23 AM

sell side

Sell side, BB, 11k base, fresh grad.

havent received bonus so pretty unsure.

Unregistered 21-12-2014 12:04 PM

USD 100k pa is the starting base for S&T/ M&A for which banks now?

Since MA programs from local, SCB, Citi etc do not pay that much

Unregistered 21-12-2014 01:26 PM

ya

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 60310)
USD 100k pa is the starting base for S&T/ M&A for which banks now?

Since MA programs from local, SCB, Citi etc do not pay that much

most BB pay the same. u do realize the MA programs are 2nd tier compared to front office roles??

we look down on them in fact.

Unregistered 21-12-2014 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 60312)
most BB pay the same. u do realize the MA programs are 2nd tier compared to front office roles??

we look down on them in fact.

well fresh grad have to start somewhere first right, if you do get a desirable FO job after the MA program, it can be a stepping stone. I started my MA at a local bank, now in a US fund, making 8k+ now with 6y experience in total. I of course would hope that I started in a BB and make 10k starting pay, but 6 years ago was the financial crisis and I am only a local uni grad, not an ivy grad.

In fact, I rem my starting pay 6 years ago was only 3k+ and a BB offered me a back office role for 4k+. I am glad I did not take that BO option.

Unregistered 21-12-2014 08:18 PM

Hi, could you share whats your role now and how many months bonuses did you get?

Unregistered 21-12-2014 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 60323)
Hi, could you share whats your role now and how many months bonuses did you get?

Only 9 months

hnnbllctr 22-12-2014 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trader888 (Post 60264)
Whether you are buy side or sell side, front office or back office, or whether you are simply interested in joining the Finance Industry, please come in and share your pay package and experiences.

Trader here at a foreign bank, 2 years of experience, Associate level, current pay 5k, expecting salary revision next year to maybe nearly hitting 6k. Feel abit underpaid but grateful bank gave me this opportunity and trying to learn as much as I can. Hopefully when I take on more responsibilities and manage a bigger book, my pay will increase and opportunities in other companies may come knocking.

What product/sector do you trade and how big is your book?

Unregistered 22-12-2014 11:06 AM

Senior Analyst in a boutique fund management company with family offices as key clients. Currently 2 years in the job and was with UBS previously for 3 years.

Basic 255k profit sharing for this year is expected to be ~185k.

Unregistered 22-12-2014 11:51 AM

AVP in JPM looking after service delivery process and optimization. 7 years of work exp, drawing 14k salary now.

Unregistered 22-12-2014 12:30 PM

Top guy, 40, lives in a GCB worth $20m.