Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Singtel Management Associate Program 2015 (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/4555-singtel-management-associate-program-2015-a.html)

Unregistered 06-04-2021 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 164204)
Btw I'm not from Singtel but please do your due diligence. Singtel's more than a telecommunications company, look into its individual business units. It's more of a technology and digital company. Look into its financial statements to see where its revenue is coming from. And yes, the restructuring is ever changing, as it places more emphasis on technological applications

Joke's on you - Their focus is still on their core telco business which make up a huge portion of their revenues.

Looks like whoever sign up for their grad program can look to receive a retrenchment package in 5 years down the road

Unregistered 06-04-2021 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 164218)
Joke's on you - Their focus is still on their core telco business which make up a huge portion of their revenues.

Looks like whoever sign up for their grad program can look to receive a retrenchment package in 5 years down the road

Bulk of the revenue in the telco business does not come from Singapore. It comes from Australia, India, Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand, and Bangladesh

Unregistered 06-04-2021 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 164226)
Bulk of the revenue in the telco business does not come from Singapore. It comes from Australia, India, Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand, and Bangladesh

Singtel or any telco providers are doomed. If you know about satellite technologies, you know what I am talking about. In no way they can compete with those technologies. Internet will be cheap as hell once tech is there.

Unregistered 06-04-2021 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 164226)

It still comes from telco. The nature of a telco business is like that one, they often expand globally through acquisition etc.

But at the end of the day, doesn't seem good to be a telco firm in the current environment.

I wonder how many people they will retrench...

Unregistered 06-04-2021 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 164235)
It still comes from telco. The nature of a telco business is like that one, they often expand globally through acquisition etc.

But at the end of the day, doesn't seem good to be a telco firm in the current environment.

I wonder how many people they will retrench...

uhhh... I think they have shifted their focus towards other products and services like digital banking, 5G, internet of things, cyber security and more...

and they're on a hiring surge???

Unregistered 06-04-2021 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 164241)
uhhh... I think they have shifted their focus towards other products and services like digital banking, 5G, internet of things, cyber security and more...

Nope. Look at their annual report.

Hiring surge now is a poor decision and retrenchment will soon follow.

Unregistered 06-04-2021 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 164241)

Look at their stock price. Keep going down. Pretty sad it you invest in Singtel 20 years ago and the trend will continue.

Unregistered 06-04-2021 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 164249)
Look at their stock price. Keep going down. Pretty sad it you invest in Singtel 20 years ago and the trend will continue.

Hahhaa so true. Especially with so much competition in this area.

IoT, 5G, cyber security, they are not the only firm doing this.

They dont have a unique competitive advantage, and are relying only on their brand name now.

Unregistered 06-04-2021 05:02 PM

I'm going to graduate from the MAP in a few months time.

This time HR says we will be posted to operational related roles first. Promotion to management will depend on performance ratings and availability of positions.

Feels like I got scammed lol.

Unregistered 07-04-2021 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 164272)
I'm going to graduate from the MAP in a few months time.

This time HR says we will be posted to operational related roles first. Promotion to management will depend on performance ratings and availability of positions.

Feels like I got scammed lol.

Business BU currently kena massive headcount freeze... Unless your pay is from Singtel HR as a MA, other business BU has no headcount to absorb you...