Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Singtel Management Associate Program 2015 (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/4555-singtel-management-associate-program-2015-a.html)

Unregistered 26-03-2021 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 161702)
What's the salary?

4.2k for this upcoming batch

Unregistered 26-03-2021 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 161702)
What's the salary?

Hey, it's 4.6k for General MA and 5.2k for Tech MA.

Unregistered 26-03-2021 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 161738)

Hi, this is not true. I've got the offer for 4.2k. My peers who are in the tech track got offered 4.5k, and this is consistent with the salaries published online.

Unregistered 26-03-2021 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 161758)
Hi, this is not true. I've got the offer for 4.2k. My peers who are in the tech track got offered 4.5k, and this is consistent with the salaries published online.

I give up trying to respond to trolls like this. For those who are interested, just apply for it. When the offer letter comes, you'll be in for a neat surprise.

Unregistered 26-03-2021 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 161771)
I give up trying to respond to trolls like this. For those who are interested, just apply for it. When the offer letter comes, you'll be in for a neat surprise.

Says the troll lol...

The figure of 4.2k is accurate

Unregistered 26-03-2021 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 161658)
hey thanks for the insight. how's the yearly increment like?

There was a pay freeze in 2020 due to COVID.

Increment depends on performance and your current salary in relation to the salary range for your job grade. Singtel gives increment based on the midpoint of your job grade’s salary range. So if the the midpoint for PF2 is $5000, and you receive a 3% increment, the increment will be 3% of $5000. Thus if your salary is below the midpoint, your effective increment is higher than 3% and vice versa if your salary is above the midpoint.

Unregistered 26-03-2021 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 161840)
There was a pay freeze in 2020 due to COVID.

Increment depends on performance and your current salary in relation to the salary range for your job grade. Singtel gives increment based on the midpoint of your job grade’s salary range. So if the the midpoint for PF2 is $5000, and you receive a 3% increment, the increment will be 3% of $5000. Thus if your salary is below the midpoint, your effective increment is higher than 3% and vice versa if your salary is above the midpoint.

Thanks :) Do you know the approximate midpoint range for each job grade?

Unregistered 26-03-2021 05:41 PM

Quote:

This is accurate, my relative gotten the contract for Teah MA. However he did intern there before and was offered post internship.

Unregistered 27-03-2021 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 161842)
Thanks :) Do you know the approximate midpoint range for each job grade?

No sorry. This is not made known by HR.

I will say that $5.2k is on the high side for a PF2. I could be wrong as things might have changed since I left.

The risk of drawing a salary higher than the midpoint is that you will eventually hit the upper limit of the pay scale for the job grade. In the unlikely event you don’t get promoted, it is possible that your salary will remains stagnant without any further increment.

As an MA, you should target to get a promotion after your 2 year program is up. Overall It should be relatively easy to reach PF 4 within 5 years of joining, assuming you don’t **** up. Getting promoted to senior manager (PF5) is another story as it requires a large enough job scope and specific responsibilities to justify for the promotion.

After the MA programs, some will be selected for other singtel programs such as young talent or emerging talents program based on their performance. Difference between young and emerging talent program is just the age group. Young is for <30 and emerging is for >30 years old I think.

Unregistered 27-03-2021 05:00 PM

Quote:

I am a current MA - these figures are correct.