Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Singtel Management Associate Program 2015 (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/4555-singtel-management-associate-program-2015-a.html)

QXP 15-10-2014 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZZZ (Post 57700)
The pertinent question to ask is what is the salary progression after 5, 10 and 15 years?

In banks and MNCs for above average performers it should be $100K (manager) after 5 years, $200K (senior manager or VP) after 10 years, and $300K (director or senior VP) after 15 years.

According to government figures: http://www.salary.sg/2014/benchmark-...e-gender-2014/ To get $200k with just 10 years exp, you are considered the top 2.9% of the cohot - this is confirm not just "above average performance" needed.

Even in top paying global banks or oil&gas supramajors, the number of people who can hit $200k within 10 years remains a distinct minority.

New joiners into the workforce fresh from school need to be realistic about their benchmarks and stop daydreaming about instant riches all the time.

Unregistered 16-10-2014 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 57586)
Hey if you don't know anything please don't try and BS others. Singtel MAs start off at E5 for bachelors and E6 for masters/bachelors with exp. Sometimes they are officially listed as "S" or "G" which is equivalent to E5/6.

When they finish the program, they get their M1 grade and for customer fronting positions are sometimes given a inflated business title of a manager.

The first manager grade is M4 (where you get the manager benefits, allowance & shares), MAs start off at least 4 grades below managers, what rubbish talking you?

What is the salary range like for each of these GLC grades? If I'm not wrong, a manager of M4 grade is within the 5-figures range, making it unlikely that any MA programme (IB and sales & trading programmes aside) such a position regardless of the MNC/large bank. I too heard that SingTel MAs start off at M1 grade.

Unregistered 16-10-2014 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 57749)
What is the salary range like for each of these GLC grades? If I'm not wrong, a manager of M4 grade is within the 5-figures range, making it unlikely that any MA programme (IB and sales & trading programmes aside) such a position regardless of the MNC/large bank. I too heard that SingTel MAs start off at M1 grade.

M1 is not a managerial grade, granted sometimes people are granted impressive business titles, but you need to reach M4 to enjoy all the manager allowance, benefit and shares.

I think much of the confusion comes because a lot of GLCs give their M1 grade junior staff nice titles like XX Manager causing a lot of misunderstanding.

Unregistered 17-10-2014 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 57698)
Has anyone received invite for the online video interview?

Anyone received video interview yet?

Unregistered 17-10-2014 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 57782)
Anyone received video interview yet?

Have you completed the online assessment?I have only completed online assessment. No news for interview

Unregistered 19-10-2014 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 57811)
Have you completed the online assessment?I have only completed online assessment. No news for interview

Yup. Completed my online tests weeks ago

Unregistered 19-10-2014 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 57877)
Yup. Completed my online tests weeks ago

I think they are waiting for others to complete their online assessment as I only received my online assessment last week. So far I have not heard anyone reaches the video interview stage yet.

Unregistered 20-10-2014 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 57757)
M1 is not a managerial grade, granted sometimes people are granted impressive business titles, but you need to reach M4 to enjoy all the manager allowance, benefit and shares.

I think much of the confusion comes because a lot of GLCs give their M1 grade junior staff nice titles like XX Manager causing a lot of misunderstanding.

Not a managerial grade? Need to reach M4 to enjoy allowance, benefits or shares?

Are you sure you work in SingTel? I suggest you take a look outside your BU and open your eyes wide.

Unregistered 21-10-2014 02:13 PM

what rubbish! some E5 and most E6 are already consider managers.

Unregistered 28-10-2014 12:55 PM

Has anyone received video interview?