Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   DBS Management Associate Program 2015 (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/4552-dbs-management-associate-program-2015-a.html)

Unregistered 19-06-2020 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 139007)
Let’s just say I don’t wish to be easily identified by providing further details.
I think ultimately, it depends on the business needs. All of us apply to one of the three tracks but not every team in the selected track is hiring. The type of candidates, their skill sets and the level of seniority etc is probably decided by the requirements of the hiring team. I doubt that the more senior necessarily means the candidate stands a better chance.

Just wondering.. Do you have any tech related experience through your masters or work experience?

Unregistered 19-06-2020 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 139007)
Let’s just say I don’t wish to be easily identified by providing further details.
I think ultimately, it depends on the business needs. All of us apply to one of the three tracks but not every team in the selected track is hiring. The type of candidates, their skill sets and the level of seniority etc is probably decided by the requirements of the hiring team. I doubt that the more senior necessarily means the candidate stands a better chance.

To add on, I think if you’re interested in the program just apply. Job seeking is really a matter of luck at times. I have peers rejected by DB who got accepted by MS and JPM... etc. You can prepare all you need to but eventually there’s still a large element of luck involved. Who are your interviewers? What questions they asked? Whether you guys click? What are the type of candidates they look for that year? Etc...

Speaking this only because the job hunt this year has been especially challenging thanks to covid. All the best everyone! Hope we all hear good news soon :)

Unregistered 19-06-2020 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 139008)
Just wondering.. Do you have any tech related experience through your masters or work experience?

Yes and no. By no means am I a coder or developer, but I can somewhat hold a conversation on tech trends if you need me to.

Unregistered 19-06-2020 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 139004)
Which track did you interview for?

Consumer track, masters of mortuary science

Unregistered 19-06-2020 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 139015)
Consumer track, masters of mortuary science

To add, 7 years exp as funeral director.

Unregistered 20-06-2020 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 139017)
To add, 7 years exp as funeral director.

Here we go again

Unregistered 22-06-2020 12:37 PM

anyone got offered? been waiting for so long...

Unregistered 22-06-2020 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 139269)
anyone got offered? been waiting for so long...

Not yet but it has only been a week so probably they are still deliberating

Unregistered 22-06-2020 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 139279)
Not yet but it has only been a week so probably they are still deliberating

mine has been 3 weeks, so painful the wait

Unregistered 22-06-2020 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 139286)
mine has been 3 weeks, so painful the wait

Which track?